Super Contributor

Re: With the WEN Lawsuit going on

I agree totally! My hair fell out because of WEN and had no idea at the time it was from wen but then I stopped wen and came back near the hairline. My hair is dry and greasy at the s e time with this line. Never again!

Frequent Contributor

Let's refrain from name calling.  How about just agree to disagree? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@CalMomIt seems to me that this should be a place where people can express their opinions and not really have to worry about how they type or if the mis use a capital letter..But I can clearly see that you don't feel that way..... I can tell by the tone of your posts that you feel you are above many of us..so be it..Maybe in the future when you see my posts. or others that don't meet computer etiquitte standards....just move on.. Just a thought!

@Alexa6352  I am sorry you feel that "the tone of my posts are above many of us". Perhaps because I am older, know computer etiquette and choose not to use any excuse. But this proves a point, "you heard what I had to say without shouting" and you read what I wrote in the standard font, print size and normal capitalize rules. What I wrote touched you using computer etiquette.  However, did you ever consider "your tone" when you write in colorful, large and capital fonts? This usuage screams "I am here and what I have to say is most important so listen to me!"

You are obviously offended because I brought this up in an open forum. You are not the only person to do this. Obviously, some people don't know, some don't care and/or want to stand out so people take notice regardless of what others think and say. Only you decide where you stand. Happy New Year!

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I would never purchase the WEN products now. Who would want to risk being one of the people who WEN caused hair loss of any kind? I would think Chaz would address this  issue/ lawsuit sometime. QVC as well.  I will stick to my shampoo. Love the lather! 

Tried the products once years ago, never really saw much difference.  Have considered giving it another chance, however will wait and see how the litigation plays out before I decide.

I am speculating that Wen will have to add a comment on their packaging saying do a skin patch test before using.  

People have all kinds of allergies that make no sense.  I am allergic to shellfish and penicillin .....  and both my sisters aren't .... go figure.

Oh yeah! An old warning sign should be there!  Just in case.

th.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Lol!  I just spilled some coffee on me from chuckling over that (just on my shirt). Thanks for the funny.

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I would never purchase the WEN products now. Who would want to risk being one of the people who WEN caused hair loss of any kind? I would think Chaz would address this  issue/ lawsuit sometime. QVC as well.  I will stick to my shampoo. Love the lather! 

Tried the products once years ago, never really saw much difference.  Have considered giving it another chance, however will wait and see how the litigation plays out before I decide.

I am speculating that Wen will have to add a comment on their packaging saying do a skin patch test before using.  

People have all kinds of allergies that make no sense.  I am allergic to shellfish and penicillin .....  and both my sisters aren't .... go figure.

Oh yeah! An old warning sign should be there!  Just in case.

th.jpg

A reference to the old lawsuit against McDonald's, perhaps? Unfortunately, it's really not the best example. It actually had merit, but for some reason, it's become the poster child for nuisance suits.

Besides, it's a totally different ballgame than, say, this WEN suit. The cause of harm was never debatable.

As frivolous as some suits are (and this WEN suit may be in that category), let's not forget that some do have merit. If any of us or our loved ones were to be seriously hurt or damaged by a company's willful actions, the legal route is our only way not only to be compensated but to bring the issue to light.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:
I don't use WEN any longer either, but fail to see the point of starting a thread like this.

Honestly, I think you and I do know the point. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
I reckon I'm crazy because I just found one of my EOS lip balms and started using it again by my favorite chair.

WEN didn't work for me, but it does for many people. I'm pretty sure they would stop using it if they have hair loss, but then again, the people sueing didn't, so there that is.

There was a post on here with someone who had been using Wen for 4 years and after about 3 years they had hair loss .... and kept using it.    Go figure.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@ctinaw wrote:
I don't use WEN any longer either, but fail to see the point of starting a thread like this.

Honestly, I think you and I do know the point. Smiley Happy

Lol! Not to quarrel on the merit of an ongoing litigation, just a personal note - if I'd notice that I react to a product so, that my hair is falling out, and did not STOP using it, I'd SUE myself! Woman LOL

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

In case you just got here, let me summarize this entire thread: Look at meeeeeeeeee! There, saved you some time.