Trusted Contributor

Re: Wish I Could Find A Salon That Would Use My Wen On Me

On 6/25/2014 Desertdi said:

Use your Wen at home before you go......and just have your stylist dampen your hair for the cut.

Desertdi, that doesn't work if we are getting any color done. I bet most of us on this board get some kind of color and it has to be washed out at the salon. Unfortunately shampoo really washes it out. If they won't use my Wen, I won't use their color services.

KJPA
Valued Contributor

The girl that has done my hair for years owns her own Salon and when I switched to Wen she had no problem using it. I take it with me every time I see her.

Super Contributor

I have a lot of sensativities especially to shampoos. I've gotten my hair cut in the morning and by early afternoon I'm scratching like I have a bad case of lice and my scalp is burning. I've never thought about bringing my own product to the salon. I just plan on washing my hair again and/or taking a Benadryl depending on how bad it is. I have gone and been fine too, more recently since more salons are going sulfate free. I am not great at getting my hair cut though. I've gone as much as 6 years between cuts! Sometimes I manage to make it twice a year. Some of it is due to childhood hang ups but some of it is the dread of what shampoo they are going to use and how it's going to make me feel. I wish salons would have a sign or something letting people know they could bring their own stuff. I would probably go more often. I love having someone wash my hair but the reactions can be embarrassing Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

On 6/25/2014 bichon_emma said: I have a lot of sensativities especially to shampoos. I've gotten my hair cut in the morning and by early afternoon I'm scratching like I have a bad case of lice and my scalp is burning. I've never thought about bringing my own product to the salon. I just plan on washing my hair again and/or taking a Benadryl depending on how bad it is. I have gone and been fine too, more recently since more salons are going sulfate free. I am not great at getting my hair cut though. I've gone as much as 6 years between cuts! Sometimes I manage to make it twice a year. Some of it is due to childhood hang ups but some of it is the dread of what shampoo they are going to use and how it's going to make me feel. I wish salons would have a sign or something letting people know they could bring their own stuff. I would probably go more often. I love having someone wash my hair but the reactions can be embarrassing Smiley Sad
Oh forgot to add that so far I've had no adverse reactions to wen which is part of why I'm loving it
Honored Contributor

On 6/24/2014 FluffyBear said:
On 6/24/2014 KJPA said:

This thread has become pretty interesting.

First, I live on the east coast so I can't go to Chaz's even if I could afford it on a regular basis. For most of us I bet distance is a deterrent. So let's cut that argument out of the mix.

As to washing my hair first, I do. If I'm getting just a cut. But if I'm getting color I can't expect them to not wash it. Guess what? I'm not letting them color it. So they lost my business. And I was a sucker for all kinds of other services and products so I'm saving money by staying out of their salon. And they are losing. I don't know if they care about little 'ole me or not. But I'm certainly not paying for color they then wash out.

Well if you live in south Florida you could come see me! Smiley Tongue
I'm in South Florida fluffy bear! Where are you?!
Honored Contributor

for the record the fly by night/fad argument kind of loses its steam when you consider the product has been around since the late 90's! as for not knowing how to use it? Its a cleanser! It's not rocket science!
Regular Contributor

Coral Springs Andreatoo. Is that near you?
Honored Contributor

On 6/26/2014 FluffyBear said: Coral Springs Andreatoo. Is that near you?
too bad :-( I'm in the Aventura area it would have been really nice to go to a stylist with hair similar to mine