Valued Contributor

Re: Wish I Could Find A Salon That Would Use My Wen On Me

Most salons are under contract with a certain hair product provider so they'd be breaking contract to use a different brand in their salon. Plus I've found a lot of stylists will pretend to not have even heard of WEN (they've got to be pretending right??) so they can't claim best results if they are not familiar with a product. Anyway, using a regular shampoo once isn't going to kill your hair. Not the end of the world. If you are lucky enough to have found a reliably good stylist just go with it.

Respected Contributor

On 6/24/2014 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 6/24/2014 JamicaJammer said:

Maybe the OP takes her own cooking oil and raw food to a restaurant when she's dining out?? Same thing.

No it isn't the same at all. Many people bring in the shampoos they like whether for medical or just esthetic reasons.

Right. I don't use WEN, but when I go to my hairstylist I'm paying for her expertise in cutting my hair the way I like it, not for the products she uses for the shampoo & styling.

Valued Contributor

I'm a stylist and educator for a large corporate salon chain. We are under contract. I also have allergies and sensitivities. I don't get my hair done in the salon, other than a light dusting of my ends. They just dampen my hair for me. I used to all the time, but I can't use my wen there. I color my own hair at home. I wish I could, but since I'm an educator and teaching anyways, I'm not supposed to get my hair done on the clock so I don't.

Respected Contributor

I don't consider it that big of a problem that I don't use Wen when going to the hairdresser. Many times I am going on my way home from work and it would be inconvenient to carry these products with me.

Trusted Contributor

This thread has become pretty interesting.

First, I live on the east coast so I can't go to Chaz's even if I could afford it on a regular basis. For most of us I bet distance is a deterrent. So let's cut that argument out of the mix.

As to washing my hair first, I do. If I'm getting just a cut. But if I'm getting color I can't expect them to not wash it. Guess what? I'm not letting them color it. So they lost my business. And I was a sucker for all kinds of other services and products so I'm saving money by staying out of their salon. And they are losing. I don't know if they care about little 'ole me or not. But I'm certainly not paying for color they then wash out.

KJPA
Regular Contributor

On 6/24/2014 KJPA said:

This thread has become pretty interesting.

First, I live on the east coast so I can't go to Chaz's even if I could afford it on a regular basis. For most of us I bet distance is a deterrent. So let's cut that argument out of the mix.

As to washing my hair first, I do. If I'm getting just a cut. But if I'm getting color I can't expect them to not wash it. Guess what? I'm not letting them color it. So they lost my business. And I was a sucker for all kinds of other services and products so I'm saving money by staying out of their salon. And they are losing. I don't know if they care about little 'ole me or not. But I'm certainly not paying for color they then wash out.

Well if you live in south Florida you could come see me! Smiley Tongue
Trusted Contributor

I, too, would love to know what Wen-friendly salons are out there. I live in Central Illinois and don't know of any. I did get my hair cut yesterday and had the stylist cut it dry to avoid the problem. After asking, I was told I could bring my products to the salon, though no one else does. I decided I didn't want to mess with teaching the stylist how to use it. This will be a problem for me when I start coloring as I am a redhead and keep reading how quickly reds fade.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

FluffyBear, I'm in PA or I would! !

KJPA
Honored Contributor

The salon I visit has no problem using my WEN. The owner has cut my hair for 20 years and he loves what Wen has done for my hair and scalp!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Use your Wen at home before you go......and just have your stylist dampen your hair for the cut.

♥Surface of the Sun♥