Contributor

Winter Dry--need Cream Blush & also Shimmer Recs. Please!

Hi ladies--I am so DRY this winter--I am looking for a happy shade & nice staying power of cream blush. Also, since I am so dry, I am looking for a little shimmer/luminizer to put on my cheekbone & collarbone area--Laura Gellar? Looking for a 'dewy' finish... Not sure what to start with...Thanks to all! Stay warm! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

Re: Winter Dry--need Cream Blush & also Shimmer Recs. Please!

Well, I just got a sample of Stila's Convertible Color -it may be used on the cheeks and lips, but I only use it on the cheeks. It is creamy, hydrating (imo), blends like a dream and last all day on me (and I have oily skin). The shade I have is Peony, which I would describe as a Rosey/Neutral shade. It is pretty and they have so many other wonderful colors to explore- but I feel this is a wonderful product. Check it out at Ulta or Sephora.

Good Luck!

Contributor

Thanks, SJanielovesJim (cute name)--I remember trying & liking that product a while ago--forgot about it--great suggestion! (when I got into BE, I gave up all my cream based cosmetics--now that I'm older and it's cold outside, I am re-visiting them). Thanks again for the recommendation!

Cool

Respected Contributor

Maybelline has very pretty new stick/cream blushes. I can't remember the exact name of them but they should be easy to find in the d/s. Read about them here. They're very nice. Nars has beautiful cream blushes but are more $$.

Respected Contributor

I love Bobbi Brown pot rouge. I recently got a new Revlon cream blush (Charming?) and like it. Similar to BB, but not quite as much color payoff.
Respected Contributor

Boots No 7 Highlites is fabulous!!
Valued Contributor

I also love the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. Goes on smoothly and lasts and looks like a natural flush of color. Revlon also makes cream blushes in soft shades in their Photoready line that I like.

Respected Contributor

I just received Josie Maran's duo of her Cheek Gelee's. These colors are beautiful and last throughout the day.

Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2014 Tricolor said:

I just received Josie Maran's duo of her Cheek Gelee's. These colors are beautiful and last throughout the day.

You're so right! Forgot about those. I have one and it does last all day.

Valued Contributor

I am devoted to Josie Marans' Color Stick. Lasts all day, even in summer (I do add a bit of powdered bronzer over the top for extra staying power in the heat). The Color Stick and a tinted moisturizer has save my skin this winter - and that's saying a lot given our Polar Vortex -{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}