Honored Contributor

Re: Will you be back at the salon if it opens next month?

I'm sure we all have different priorities, hair and nails are low for me right now. Health and safety are at the top. I will manage to do my own hair and nails until it is safe to return for those services. I'm sure the hair dressers and nail techs are anxious to return along with so many others.

Honored Contributor

For those who decide to go, I would caution you that reliance on masks and physical distancing in a hair salon might not be effective in protecting you. As long as you realize that, the decision is yours if your area has opened up businesses.

I know that where I live, that is not happening any time soon.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@haddon9    I feel the same as you.  Hair stylists are in the faces of many people and I just don't feel confident in having one breathing on me. Mine has a large family with kids and lots of public contact.   I plan to wear lots of hats this summer, which is better for the skin anyway.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I will be there ASAP!  My short hair is now covering my ears.  It's a mess. Can't wait to see my stylist.

Honored Contributor

Not worth the risk for me with a compromised immune system and asthma. I’ve been doing my own highlights at home for several years. I have a blunt cut a few inches past my shoulders. It was cut in March before everything started shutting down. I only get it cut every 3 months so my next appointment is already scheduled for June. Even if we are reopened I might cancel that one and just let my hair get longer. 

Honored Contributor

No.  The extremely young stylist they put me with cut more length off than I would have liked, not discussing it with me.

The lady I wanted has been out with a hip replacement, and I don't want to possibly cause hard feelings by asking to be moved.

Also, it's a "pain" to drive that far, but I do like the Aveda products.  I bumped into an Aveda salon very close to me.  I think I'll give them a try, saving over an hour of driving.

I do my own nails.

Honored Contributor

Absolutely!  I already have a hair & waxing appointment scheduled May 2nd & my nails & pedi appointment scheduled May 3rd.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I'll be there! My stylist lives alone, and the salon never has more than 2 clients, 2 stylists at a time...well, there might rarely be another person waiting, but there is plenty of room for social distancing. Each stylist has her own room/waiting area.

Respected Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

Soon hubby will be wearing a short ponytail lol! 

IMO...ponytails look sexy on men! Lol!😂

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

In Virginia, salons are closed until June 10.  

I got in for a color and cut on 3/17 and had her cut my hair a bit shorter than usual, so I'm fine on cut.  Some time in May I will have to break out my root touch up, when I can't stand it anymore.

If they open in June, I'll re-evaluate everything.

This was a good opportunity for me to stop getting my nails done.  I had been wanting to stop manicures for a while.  This allowed me to pull the trigger.  I will still get pedicures, though.  I can't live without those, but no rush to get in.

Waxing can wait, too.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN