Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will you be back at the salon if it opens next month?

I would not dare.  Far too leery of any people at all.  It is going to be a long time before would be safe.  

The first thing I will deal with is a PO Box that has not been visited since early March and I will have to wait in line since I know the Rx box will be too big.  Hair is way down the list.

Honored Contributor

Not a high priority with me but I can imagine it is very important to some. I wonder if shops could be opening with a limit of three customers and two stylists inside. I'm thinking of elderly women who can't wash and style their hair. The beauty shop near me has mostly standing appointments for elderly people. The stylists even help these people get from the car into the building. I don't want to make it seem like an emergency, but those customers need to be taken care of soon.

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1  you'd think they could loosen those restrictions for the UP of MI and other areas at least a bit. Naturally, those three counties with 90% of the cases need the tighter regulations.

Honored Contributor

I will definitely go back when they can fit me in ( they will be swamped with calls, they may be limited as to how many clients they can have in the salon at one time). I would be shocked if my stylist didn't wear a mask while working on clients.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@FrostyBabe1  you'd think they could loosen those restrictions for the UP of MI and other areas at least a bit. Naturally, those three counties with 90% of the cases need the tighter regulations.

That's been suggested/recommended. It's entirely reasonable. But our governor refuses to even consider or discuss it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Since I have immune issues I will most likely be in quarrantine long after the world re opens and have to wear a mask for the forseeable future

Me also. I live in NJ. I'm already considering saying no to a wedding invitation I'll be receiving for a wedding in NY in October. I normally have my hair done once a week. It's the least of my concerns right now.

There is no magic wand to wave this thing away. I think many will go right back to their old unsanitary ways. IMO, it's  probably safer going out now while the warning is heightened than it will be once quarantine is relaxed!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

I WANT to be back at my salon as soon as possible -  my calendar still has  an appointment listed for a week from today.   I'm not going, of course.  There's no salon to go to, but even more -  why would I go?  What would it mean to go?

My answer?  Everything.   A visit to the salon would mean my life had returned to its past, that I could plan trips out of the house, into stores, and theaters, and entertainment activities.   I could once again plan to see family that lives many states away, go to weddings that had to be postponed, see my doctors in person instead of on a small screen, invite friends to a game night, go and sit down in a restaurant..  

It's not that I couldn't return to all that without a visit to my stylist -  I know I could.  It's that so much has happened in the few weeks we've been staying home that right now, I can't visualize myself slipping back into my old life.  I'd like to think a visit to the salon would open a path even though right now I don't have a road map showing destinations.

Esteemed Contributor

yes, i will definitely go as soon as possible. Taking routine precautions, i am comfortable going. Besides, i suspect i have antibodies in my system.

Valued Contributor

My hairdresser has set up a "grab and go" hair coloring kit.

He mixes your color, which can be used within two hours, and includes printed instructions, color brush, and cap.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes because my hairdresser is just her in a small room and she disinfects after every client. It's rare when there are two clients in the room at the same time.