Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will you be back at the salon if it opens next month?

I'll look like Repunzel before I will go for a haircut.  

Honored Contributor

We're "supposed" to be back up and running April 30, my rescheduled hair appt is for May 2. Yipoee!!

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@godi wrote:

My DH and I discussed about resurfacing from quarantine and we both agreed on this, we are going to hold back two weeks and just see what happens. 

Agreed. I am hoping they extend the stay at home order. Either way I am not going anywhere for a few weeks after it is lifted. I'm going to see what happens.  I will continue to wear a mask and practice safe distancing. I have argued more abut this virus than about politics. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I plan on going back.  My hairdresser has her shop attached to her home.  She's to sole proprietor.  As long as she wears a mask, I'm OK.  I'll wear a mask until I need to get it out of her way, if needed.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@haddon9   Yes, I understand that concern.....before I get jumped on....I am speaking for my area ONLY....we have had less than 10 cases in the county.  

If the stylist wants to wear a mask and gloves that would be ok with me...precautions would need to be in place.

@Mom2Dogs I get it and totally understand.  Life is full of risks (even before this twilight zone world!).  We all have to weight the pros & cons at any given time & situation.

Just thought it would be interesting to see how others felt about this topic. 

Frequent Contributor

I'm not going anywhere except to the supermarket -- until they have an antibody test!

Honored Contributor

@Elbelle 

Are you planning on staying home for another year?

@Elbelle wrote:

I'm not going anywhere except to the supermarket -- until they have an antibody test!

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

No, I can wait.  My husband, however, is about go nuts staying home all the time and he'll be one of the first to bust loose and he will be at the barber shop door the second they open.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

NO NO and NO.  Yes I need a haircut but I am in no hurry to be out and certainly not be out withsomeone standing on top of me mask or no mask.  They may not have the virus but they might be a carrier so you are not only in contact with them but every other person they have been in contact with.

To rush right back out there means some have learned nothing from this.  Normal as we once knew it is gone for ever or it should be anyway because that normal clearly did not work.

We have the chance to learn from this, why would we not take that opportunity.

Respected Contributor

Yes, I would go if they were open. I had an appointment on 4/13 rescheduled to 4/20. With the stay at home order in Michigan extended until 4/30, that one will have to be rescheduled as well. My next, pre-scheduled appointment is on 5/18. I'd really like to get in before that.

The salon I go to is small, and very quiet on when I go for my weekday afternoon appointments. It's usually just my hairstylist and me.

Although I live in Michigan, the rest of the state has no where near the outbreak of that in metro Detroit. Those three counties comprise at least 90% of our cases. In my county on the southwest side of the state, we've had less than 100 cases and 8 deaths.

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~