Trusted Contributor

Re: Will you be back at the salon if it opens next month?

YES! I have an appt May 14 and have been speaking to my hairdresser. Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Mom2Dogs My friend mentioned about spacing customers out.  My fear is how do I know if the stylist working on me is virus free?  How can you protect yourself even if the stylist wore a mask? 

@haddon9 If you wear a mask and wear gloves, you will be covered.  She can still cut around the mask except for the hair that lays on your face.  She can estimate that.

Esteemed Contributor

@PamfromCT , 

"You may have missed this"?

Scroll through.

There's a comment, along with various levels of

whatsoever, too. 

Respected Contributor

I canceled my April appointment, and my stylist recently called and asked if I'd like to reschedule for May 13th.  I said ok, but we agreed, I may cancel if things are not looking much better.   I have a shaggy bob, which I cut myself all around the bottom a few weeks ago.   Looks fine.  I buzzed my hubby's hair too.  I have experience in hair styling, and my daughter is a licensed beautician, so getting into a salon is not a priority, but a nice treat.  I color my own hair too, but my daughter gets me the color from her beauty supply.  My best advice, dont rush into getting back out there, wait, see what's going on in your area and please don't take any unnecessary risks. That's what I'm doing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KarenQVC wrote:

I will wait until I get the vaccine.  Does anyone know how much my hair will grow in 18 months?

@KarenQVC 

Hair, on average, grows at a rate of one half inch per month, so about six inches per year.

In a year and a half, your hair should be about nine inches longer than it is now.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 

I get my hair done at a two person salon. I was supposed to get my hair done Feb 1. I doubt I’ll get it done in May no matter what the governor says (after all, I’m in Florida and you better know the governor doesn’t know anything) and I might not get it done in June or July.

Honored Contributor

Yes for sure.  I have been going to same salon & stylist for 10 years.

I know they have cleaned the shop using a professional service.  

The stylist stagger hours and I always take first or last appointment.  Most the time it's me, stylist and other stylist, client.

They started doing this first week of March.  I assume they will continue this practice.  I was lucky to have scheduled appt day of shutdown order was able to get the works!

Honored Contributor

As of yesterday there has been 6 confirmed cases and zero deaths in my county.  I will be there with bells on!

Trusted Contributor

soon as they give the ok.. i'm gonna be right on phone making an apt.. i was thinking of calling next week to make one if it gets cancelled at least i had one made... i know how busy its gonna be even trying to call them

Honored Contributor

What do you think of this solution?

Screenshot_20200416-232205~2.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment