Honored Contributor

Re: Will you be back at the salon if it opens next month?

If any of you lived/shopped in a rural county that has 6 reported cases of COVID-19 and 0 deaths, you would feel more relaxed about going out?

Honored Contributor

I heard a salon owner from I want to say Atlanta, that the salon is booked solid for the next three weeks! It's going to be hard to get a salon appointment when we can go back.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I won't be going to the salon even if they do open any time soon. 

I have had an appointment to get filler and botox early May at the plastic surgeons and I trust this doctor so much, but I think I am going to cancel that appointment also. I am surprised she is still open, honestly. Dh just said she is probably who the governor or his wife uses. I don't know, I just don't feel comfortable with it. 

Respected Contributor

@loveschocolate wrote:

I have decided to grow my bangs and layers out. What better time? Get it all one length and get a bob. Always wanted one. ❤️

I am thinking of growing out my bangs quite abit also...and this way I can at least see how I look.  My state today extended it to May 15th so my May 6th appt. is not going to happen.  I had a feeling we wouldn't get the salon's open by then.  

I plan on contacting my Stylist and seeing if she can book me a appt for the end of May.  Heck I am thinking in my state it will not open until mid June or July.  Not that there is a reason for it to go on that long here based on what's happening but I am just planning for it since we couldn't even buy a packet of seeds to plant outside or have any lawn service at all for the past 6wks.

I notice everyone on TV including our Gov looks like her hair is colored perfectly with no out growth what so ever.  Plus her botox in her face is so tight....someone is doing her up keep.

Respected Contributor

Earlier in the week I had a call from my stylist offering to come to my house.  I hadn't been feeling well soI turned her down. (actually it was a good excuse)  My last appointment was mid-March, the day before she closed.  She gave me enough of my hair dye formula for 2 applications.  I did my roots yesterday and it  covered well.  My style could stand some shaping but it's not too bad.

Trusted Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Earlier in the week I had a call from my stylist offering to come to my house.  I hadn't been feeling well soI turned her down. (actually it was a good excuse)  My last appointment was mid-March, the day before she closed.  She gave me enough of my hair dye formula for 2 applications.  I did my roots yesterday and it  covered well.  My style could stand some shaping but it's not too bad.

Wow. She could lose her license doing that. She would have lost by business though. I know people are attached to their stylists but that would have made me mad. I have not seen my daughter or granddaughter in 2 months and we live 10 minutes from each other. Nearly everyone I know is doing the same. It's a sad situation but hair is the least of anyone's problems. IMHO

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I heard a salon owner from I want to say Atlanta, that the salon is booked solid for the next three weeks! It's going to be hard to get a salon appointment when we can go back.

Georgia is going back too soon I think. Stay well.  

Honored Contributor

No, I won't.  I would like to have my hair cut, but I won't be going for a long time.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

Yes, I will go back to the salon when this is over. In the meantime, I contacted my stylist and bought my dye from her. Brought it home and hubby put it on my roots. We watched a couple of YouTube videos and it was super easy to apply. 45 minutes later and my gray was gone.  Now that I think about it, I might try to continue doing my touch ups at home just because I loved how easy it was to do. I get a touch up every 5 weeks and highlights every quarter. If she agrees, I'll just go in for highlights. For the record, I paid her my usual amount so she didn't lose any money. 

Esteemed Contributor

Absolutely!!!!  In my family, I have my husband, son and brother-in-law all part of the essential workers.  I volunteer in the retirement community to get their groceries and medication where my mother-in law use to reside.  As I don't need the income, my hairdresser is a young mom with 2 little boys.  I am more than happy to go for me and for her as well.  

Well wishes to all!