Valued Contributor

Re: Will you be back at the salon if it opens next month?

Yes

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bella2022   A mask will not protect if it isn't a medical grade mask.  If it's a risk one is willing to take fine...but don't kid yourself that you will be safe.

Respected Contributor

I will be very comfortable going back to my small salon wearing a face mask. There will be clients who won't feel comfortable doing this so soon but at least give us a choice. There are so many safety measures now in affect so I don't think it will be the same as it was many weeks ago. Time to find a way to live a new normal. 

Valued Contributor

My salon never closed. Got a hair cut two weeks ago.

Valued Contributor

We are moving out of state amidst all this craziness. I had to cancel 2 appointments with my gal of almost 10 years. I have found one a gal in the state we're moving to and have an appointment for May 23rd. Hopefully it won't get canceled. Until then, just living with it. 

Super Contributor

Yes

Respected Contributor

YES....my appointment is May 8th. I cannot wait..............................!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I have decided to grow my bangs and layers out. What better time? Get it all one length and get a bob. Always wanted one. ❤️

Valued Contributor

Well, I got my salon's "grab and go" root kit. I called to set up a time. Tooted my horn and his assistant handed me a zipblock bag with color mix (based on previous appointment) color brush, gloves, cap, and directions.  DH was my guest colorist, and did a great job for his very first appointment.

I'm betting many of his clients have enjoyed this opportunity.

Esteemed Contributor

If you live in a city/state which has been heavily impacted, then, if it were me, I'd think more than twice.  I've been through numerous pandemics in my life and this is not the worst for me and I also live in a state with low numbers.

I'm looking forward to an appointment with Sophie, my nail tech, before I ever step into my hair salon, believe me.  I want my purple dip powder nails back, as my nails are in such a state of disrepai - they're horrible.

Unfortunately, I live in Oregon.  Though we have a rather low infection rate, our blankety blank guv signed a binding agreement with CA and WA governors, so she can't budge.  Those 2 states have much higher infection rates than we do, so we're stuck - way stuck, until Sir Newsome decides what to do, which may be July or August, for all we know.