Honored Contributor

Re: Will vendors return live?

I watch far less since so often there are glitches with the Skype presentations.  The quality is just not always consistent.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@ajsidney12 wrote:

I am not one that prefers to have the vendors in studio, especially for beauty.  1) For beauty specifically, if the models (and Hostesses) have to apply their own makeup, all the better for the rest of us.  Formally applied by the artist (or in house artists) are not a true experience of results.  2) Most of the time they spend more time chit chatting than actually talking about the product anyways.  "I love you", "Love you", " You're awesome", "No, you're awesome" (LOL!)  3) Clothes are clothes, but they do need more models (when the time is right to bring them back together). They do not need Gary or IM there to tell me how great the models look in their "designs".  Maybe they guest in studio a couple times a month just to mix it up.  I am so used to working on ZOOM, meetings on ZOOM and watching QVC or the news with commentators on ZOOM/SKYPE/etc that it is just a way of life now.

which is why I am a fan of the q2 shows with no host

Hate the Q2 with no hosts , drab.Not the vendors fault , i like the studio bright sets , where you can actually see the product. That is why i shop , to see the product.

Super Contributor

I live in Pennsylvania in the town over from West Chester.  On May 31st, all Covid restrictions other than the mask mandate will be lifted.  The mask mandate will be lifted once 70% of the residents of Pennsylania have been vaccinnated.  I say this because QVC is obviously in Pennsylvania, so by this standard, vendors could be there wearing masks.  I personally feel that we will be to the 70% number soon - everyone I know has gotten at least 1 shot, and we are at the point where demand is low so our clinics are now walk in.   So, maybe some vendors will come back soon.  David Dangle and Tara the Temptations lady live near QVC.  I see them out and about so I know they live close by, so maybe vendors like that will come in soon.  Who knows.  We will know when we see one!

Honored Contributor

Doesnt bother me one bit that vendors are not there live. And it doesnt influence me at all if the are there or on zoom etc. Woman Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Trusted Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I watch far less since so often there are glitches with the Skype presentations.  The quality is just not always consistent.

I  agree.  When the lips and mouth don't sync with the words, it's an instant channel changer for me.

Respected Contributor

The skype thing is not for me. I order online and rarely watch. 

Esteemed Contributor

@LuvmyLab wrote:

I don't see the need for them to be in the studio physically to present their products.  It also saves them money as I'm sure most that don't work for a huge company have to pay their way there and back.  It hasn't had any effect on my shopping habits with the Q. 

@LuvmyLab  .... I agree with you 😊  ...... I don’t miss them being in the studio at all 😊

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the Q2 no host shows too @jackthebear , there is no competition for air time either.  Especially if the host and vendor are each chatty speed talkers.

Trusted Contributor

I know I'm in the minority, but I actually like when the vendors are in the studio.  They have done a great job working from home, but their movement is limited due to the cameras they are using and the color of their homes/sets is not as sharp as it would be if they were in the studio.  There is a slight awkwardness between the in-studio and at-home conversation due to the sound delay and it just seems to throw things a little "off" for me. 

It hasn't impacted my purchases at all, but I do like it better when everyone is together.  Whether or not they return remains to be seen.

Respected Contributor

Don't miss them in the studio at all.   All that fake hugging and interupting each.......