Occasional Contributor

I was wondering when vendors will be returning to present live? Ever since they went remote I haven't felt as inspired to buy. Which has saved me money. I do miss seeing them live in the studio, especially the beauty vendors. Does anyone else feel the same way?

Respected Contributor

Re: Will vendors return live?

No.

Trusted Contributor

I don't see the need for them to be in the studio physically to present their products.  It also saves them money as I'm sure most that don't work for a huge company have to pay their way there and back.  It hasn't had any effect on my shopping habits with the Q. 

Valued Contributor

I am not one that prefers to have the vendors in studio, especially for beauty.  1) For beauty specifically, if the models (and Hostesses) have to apply their own makeup, all the better for the rest of us.  Formally applied by the artist (or in house artists) are not a true experience of results.  2) Most of the time they spend more time chit chatting than actually talking about the product anyways.  "I love you", "Love you", " You're awesome", "No, you're awesome" (LOL!)  3) Clothes are clothes, but they do need more models (when the time is right to bring them back together). They do not need Gary or IM there to tell me how great the models look in their "designs".  Maybe they guest in studio a couple times a month just to mix it up.  I am so used to working on ZOOM, meetings on ZOOM and watching QVC or the news with commentators on ZOOM/SKYPE/etc that it is just a way of life now.

Honored Contributor

We're just customers and not privy to plans for live vendor appearances but I'd guess they will eventually.  Many people still don't want to fly. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It doesn't really make a difference to me.  I've gotten used to seeing the vendors remotely and if it saves someone the cost and aggravation of traveling, it seems like a good idea.

Honored Contributor

If it saves me money by not having live on-air vendors then count me in. Travelling and lodging just adds to the cost of things. 

Honored Contributor

they certainly don't need remote reps for minor products for 5-minute presentations

If I were a rep and do the job and home and not travel not sure I'd be in a hurry to go back

Honored Contributor

@ajsidney12 wrote:

I am not one that prefers to have the vendors in studio, especially for beauty.  1) For beauty specifically, if the models (and Hostesses) have to apply their own makeup, all the better for the rest of us.  Formally applied by the artist (or in house artists) are not a true experience of results.  2) Most of the time they spend more time chit chatting than actually talking about the product anyways.  "I love you", "Love you", " You're awesome", "No, you're awesome" (LOL!)  3) Clothes are clothes, but they do need more models (when the time is right to bring them back together). They do not need Gary or IM there to tell me how great the models look in their "designs".  Maybe they guest in studio a couple times a month just to mix it up.  I am so used to working on ZOOM, meetings on ZOOM and watching QVC or the news with commentators on ZOOM/SKYPE/etc that it is just a way of life now.

which is why I am a fan of the q2 shows with no host

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

If it saves me money by not having live on-air vendors then count me in. Travelling and lodging just adds to the cost of things. 

@SilleeMee    LOL, I know.  Prices just plummeted during the pandemic when they weren't traveling. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment