Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I was determined not to buy anymore skincare because i am more than stocked up for months to come and along comes the Perricone TSV , one of their best values ever. I don't think i am strong enough to let it go. HELP ME. Anyone else have this problem ?

@MW in Iowa

IMO, stocking up is not usually in our best interest. There is almost always a newer, better deal right around the corner.

I have learned that, if I don't need anything & don't want to spend money, I need to not watch presentations and not read threads about skincare products, even my favorite brands. I have gone for long periods of time w/o even opening SKINN threads in the past & it saved me a lot of money while I was using up products I had.

Right now I am not "allowed" to buy any eye products because a long time ago I purchased three different brands within one week and I am still trying to use them up. 

I also know know that I like to buy products frequently and stocking up really doesn't work well with my need for a fun shopping experience. 

I am still learning and still buy a bit too much at times but my "stash" is very small, consisting mostly of replacements purchased recently because I am almost done with a product or the second product from a special priced duo. 

It is hard to avoid getting caught up in the great deals but we need to remember that what we already own was a great deal, too, and we need to use the products and enjoy them. 

You are strong; you can do this! Turn the channel, back out of tempting threads. Enjoy using what you already own.

@willdob3:

thumbs-up-192.png

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@MW in Iowa  I have the same problem. I am so stocked up with skincare and makeup products. But whenever there is a TSV or sale, I have a really hard time resisting.  

Same here.

Super Contributor

@MW in Iowa

Just remember, there will be other, future Perricone TSV and they are all very good values so it's OK to skip one and wait for the next.

It's easier if you don't watch the presentation. I like Perricone too but I don't get all the TSV, his products last so long and I don't want them to turn bad while waiting to be used.

Trusted Contributor

I'm having the same problem with IT cosmetics.

Love their products, and can't stop buying..........

Oh well ~~ guess there's worse things than cosmetics and skin care to be addicted to !

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Me too!!! I keep ordering things that I think I can't live without & not sure how to include in my current skin care that I just purchased. Help!!!

Trusted Contributor

Yes I am raising my hand and have done that too. The one thing that worked for me was the previously mentioned suggestion of putting something in the cart and walking away for some hours. When I came back the urge to splurge was not there anymore LOL. I was actually able to reason with myself and talk myself out of the "good deal" After all I only have one face....(that I am aware of LOL) and can only use so much product in any given area. HAHAHAHAHA I like that forum called "reformed shoppers" I think it is called. Maybe I need to atend 12 step meetings for skincare junkies. LOL. j/k ...Just walking away from my saved cart items and presentations really did work for me. xxxxxxxx Stormy

Esteemed Contributor

@MW in Iowa

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Fe@MW in Iowa Fear not, you are not alone!  Ha!  Actually, I only use Dr. Denese skin care stuff, but I order a lot of different (you name it) makeup.

I have a huge plastic tub of stuff I don't use.  I've given it to friends.

So, smile, walk tall and know that ...."honey!  there are a lot of us out here in TV land just like you..."  Ha!

I keep thinking we should all look like babies because this stuff is supposed to make us look youthful.

Yea, and I would not be gettin botox and fillers if this worked.  Always used good skin products, but you still get wrinkles. Started botox and fillers in 70,s and use both products.  Dr. D Had work done and Dr. P. NEVER shows his face.

Respected Contributor

That was hilarious about Dr Perricone  never showing his face.