Valued Contributor

Re: Will You Still Buy Makeup

Not for a while, my husband has been furloughed. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I will still buy makeup but I will never again sample colors at a makeup counter. I used to go to Sephora and swatch colors with an associate....never again.

I am going to be a lot more aware of sanitary precautions after this pandemic. I have seen customers dip their fingers in creams at the counter. I really hope samples won't be left on the counters...especially lipsticks. Grown women I have seen apply lipstick directly from the tube. Also, I hope companies seal all makeup.

@Trinity11   Not to worry. I bet, as we speak, cosmetic companies are figuring ways to fix that. Personally, I'd put samples in tiny blister packs. Yes, more expensive, but women will never be careless sampling open testers again. Many displays were dirty before this and a turn off. 

Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@tototwo, exactly. I know some women who are very "well-groomed" who choose to not wear makeup. They have  beautiful skin and a glow. Why would they choose to hide under makeup? Some women wear too much makeup and they look like they are wearing a mask, now that is unattractive. They think they look great, I don't get it. Older women seen to be the worst.

@RetRN   It's all personal choice.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I assumed the question meant after maybe not wearing much, if any, makeup while at home or wearing a mask, will you get back to wearing makeup/purchasing makeup when everything's "normal". Of course, I will. I don't wear much, but enough to give me color and enhance my features. There may be many women who ease into makeup slowly, but I think eventually, old habits are difficult to break.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I wonder if the cosmetic business will take a major hit?

NOPE!  It's a billion dollar business mostly owned & run by males sad to say.

@Mz iMac 

You know what?  If I read or hear another crack like..."owned & run by males"  blah, blah, blah, I'm going to go outside and scream!

If you don't like male owned companies, then don't purchase ANYTHING from ANY company owned by a male person or persons or having an all male board of directors. 

Frankly, having been retired now for a few years and looking back over my career, I can tell you this:  Working FOR women were THE worst experiences I had.  I much prefer working with and for men.  Saved my sanity every time, for sure.

I love and use MAC - a male Co, albeit not strait.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative  I'm confused.  Nowhere in my comment did I font I do not like male owned companies.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@sfnative  I'm confused.  Nowhere in my comment did I font I do not like male owned companies.

The post should have gone to @Jordan2  - not you , @Mz iMac@sfnative .

(I don't see anything wrong with male own/run companies either)

Regular Contributor

Quite honestly, the COVID 19 virus precautions aren't making a difference to my routine. I still put on minimal makeup every morning. I go maybe once a week to pick up some groceries but always wear my mask when out. The one thing I am fussy about is putting on my SPF 50 tinted moisturizer (Austrailian Gold brand). And of course making my eyebrows presentable are a must - with mask or without mask. I am 71.

Regular Contributor

lol at this post...why would you stop wearing makeup?  I wear makeup for myself not for anyone else.  I love cosmentics and wear it every day.  Gosh, are we all expected to stay in our pajamas for the rest of our lives?  Get up every day, get a shower, comb your hair/put some makeup on and get living.

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

I willl continue to buy and use makeup. There have always been some days that I didn't wear any makeup, but there will always be some days that I do. 

Honestly, I feel better fixed up and I look better too. If I just quit wearing it altogether, I know I'd get depressed. 

My dh probably would too, lol.