Valued Contributor

Re: Will You Still Buy Makeup

@Jordan2 

Yes I just placed an order from Credo beauty today . I will soon be 57 so I have not been wearing as much as I did years ago . Once I reached 50 realized I looked better with less but still enjoy makeup.  I find it relaxing . 2 years ago I broke my ankle I needed 2 surgeries and I had an external fixation for a month . Once I started to feel a bit better I found putting on some makeup made me look and feel better.  I have also enjoyed watching makeup tutorials from my favorite artist plus ones for women over 50 and those with silver hair . They are fun and a bit of an escape from the suffering going on here in NYC

Be safe ladies 🙂

Honored Contributor

I wear makeup daily and not because anyone will see it - I love my makeup and wear it for me to feel good - no matter what I am doing.  I have never been someone  who only cares about looking their best when others see them.  No matter what I will be buying and wearing my makeup.

Honored Contributor

I will continue to purchase makeup.  The mask situation is temporary anyway.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 not in immediate future...don't need any, but i sort of like not to having to wear much due to masks

Honored Contributor

Was out today with 0 makeup & a mask & sunglasses. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Me? Never purchase makeup? Never!!! This is not forever! In fact, when the masks come off, I may begin wearing more makeup on a daily basis. That's like asking women with roots since they suffered not coloring their hair, will they never dye their hair again. No one will get gel nails just in case stuck w/ them?

I'm thinking there'll be a huge cosmetics boom. 

Trusted Contributor

I could not purchase anything else for years, and still have enough (too much). Except for replacing things like mascara or eyeliner, I probably won't be buying much.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

Most definitely!  Skin care and Hair care as well.  Life will go on!

Honored Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

I could not purchase anything else for years, and still have enough (too much). Except for replacing things like mascara or eyeliner, I probably won't be buying much.

@morganjen   Of course, no need to purchase extra cosmetics that you don't need. I interpreted the question to mean, because many haven't worn makeup in awhile due to staying home or wearing a mask, will we continue not wearing makeup. No way!

Honored Contributor

I have plenty right now so no need for more.  However when I start to get low I will certainly buy more....let's hope that this doesn't go on for too long.