Honored Contributor

Now that we all have to wear masks for who knows how long, will you drastically cut back on the makeup you buy? Wearing masks in public, people only see your eyes, no blush or lip products needed. I wonder if the cosmetic business will take a major hit?

Honored Contributor

Re: Will You Still Buy Makeup

@Jordan2 - I'm still buying. Just got lipgloss here last week. The way I look at it - I won't be wearing a mask forever, AND now I have time to "play" more than I did before! 

I don't think the cosmetics companies will hurt as much as other businesses. One thing that has been proven throughout the years is no matter what the circumstances women will always buy makeup! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I wonder if the cosmetic business will take a major hit?

NOPE!  It's a billion dollar business mostly owned & run by males sad to say.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope, I enjoy it way too much. 🙂

Edited: I wanted to make sure I answered correctly, I will not cut back on what I buy in makeup. If I see something I like or want, I’ll still buy it. 

Trusted Contributor

ABSOLUTELY!

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

Yes ... I'm still wearing it now - with the mask when I'm anywhere I need to wear a mask.  

Doesn't mess up my makeup.  I wear foundation, bronzer, lip gloss and eye shadow.  And - I do my hair every day.  

I live in a high-rise apt. buildng .... in and out of my apartment several times a day.  Out on the street a couple of times a week.  

I have too much pride in my appearance to go out looking "ungroomed."

Super Contributor

Yes, I will continue to buy makeup.  I still wear makeup every day and take pride in my appearance.  

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 EVERY business is taking a hit. Makeup will too.  I'll be going out for the first time in weeks.  Going to WM (with mask and gloves).  My eyes and brows will look GREAT Smiley Happy  I'll have some tinted Burt's Bees on my lips because I just have to but not my regular stuff.  Oh, and I'll smell delish too Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm buying two Loreal Infallible eye liners today.  One in black and one in brown.  I really don't need anything else right now.

Respected Contributor

Of course.

This won't last forever, and we don't wear masks 24 hours a day even if it did.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York