Respected Contributor

Re: Will You Still Buy Makeup

I wear makeup because I love to apply it and it makes feel good. So I won't stop even wearing a mask. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

No way willl I stop buying makeup.....I love makeup. Makes me happy.

Valued Contributor

I am a beauty junkie and nothing will stop me from buying makeup. I have too much fun trying new looks and enjoy the whole process of applying makeup. My only change is lipstick. I'll just wear it around the house. My sister wears lipstick every waking moment and made the mistake of wearing it under her mask Smiley LOL She looked like a clown when she took off the mask. Lesson learned!

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Jordan2 - I'm still buying. Just got lipgloss here last week. The way I look at it - I won't be wearing a mask forever, AND now I have time to "play" more than I did before! 

I don't think the cosmetics companies will hurt as much as other businesses. One thing that has been proven throughout the years is no matter what the circumstances women will always buy makeup! Smiley Wink

So true @beach-mom. It's amazing what a new tube of lipstick can do for our spirits. 

Honored Contributor

I was in CVS yesterday to pick up my medication. While there I bought a can of the Loreal haircolor spray. The aisle was well stocked with hair dye which surprised me, I thought there would be nothing to buy.

Esteemed Contributor

YES!...YES!...AND...YES!😁 I will only stop buying makeup if I am physically unable to do so. The world is not ready to see me SANS face paint 😂 I went to the martket Friday wearing my mask, but my eyes were made up as usual. It helps to maintain as much normalcy as possible, and makeup is part of my normal routine.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Will a bear still poop in the woods?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I am still buying makeup including color cosmetics. Face mask or not, I still like to put on makeup whether I'm going out or not. I do notice makeup transfer onto the inside of my face masks but soap and water will remove the makeup from my reusable face masks.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife OMGosh, you're the only other person I've ever heard use the phrase "does a bear poop in the woods?"  I've gotten some really strange looks saying that LOL

Honored Contributor

I've not been out in a brick and mortar store for over 3 weeks.  I had an N95 mask on.  No makeup.  Just sunglasses and mask.  

I am not wearing makeup now and haven't for a month.  

But I'm not wearing it because makeup is expensive and it's a waste to use it now.  My husband is used to seeing me without makeup---it's not that bad!

I still do my hair (huge rollers, too!) and sunscreen, but not even polishing my nails.