Honored Contributor

Re: Will You Still Buy Makeup

I will still buy makeup but I will never again sample colors at a makeup counter. I used to go to Sephora and swatch colors with an associate....never again.

I am going to be a lot more aware of sanitary precautions after this pandemic. I have seen customers dip their fingers in creams at the counter. I really hope samples won't be left on the counters...especially lipsticks. Grown women I have seen apply lipstick directly from the tube. Also, I hope companies seal all makeup.

Esteemed Contributor

I just wanted to point out that I am not "ungroomed" because I don't wear makeup.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo, exactly. I know some women who are very "well-groomed" who choose to not wear makeup. They have  beautiful skin and a glow. Why would they choose to hide under makeup? Some women wear too much makeup and they look like they are wearing a mask, now that is unattractive. They think they look great, I don't get it. Older women seen to be the worst.

Honored Contributor

No---- but I just bought more eye brow pencils---  I do apply my brows when I go out--had chemo that took all my hair for a few months and I looked ghostly without brows at least--hair grew back and  brows are a must--got pretty good drawing them on to look natural----but I have so much make up to use that I haven't bought any for awhile--threw out the old stuff recently--don't wear make up much and wearing a face mask has nothing to do with wearing make up in my life. Make up is one of the least of my habits anymore-- 

Honored Contributor

Since I’m staying home more I’m not using it up as quickly. I don’t have a huge stash or collection anyway, but I will continue to buy the products I love when I need them. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Now that we all have to wear masks for who knows how long, will you drastically cut back on the makeup you buy? Wearing masks in public, people only see your eyes, no blush or lip products needed. I wonder if the cosmetic business will take a major hit?

@Jordan2 

I’m in Florida and haven’t seen many people wearing masks. No one here said we have to. Don’t want to get weird tans at the beach or playing golf, ya know...

Personally, I’m working full time from home right now and very much hope my employer lets me continue until the virus is noticeable not around as much as it is now. That will be quite a while after our governor announces, “Party time one and all!”

I’m only wearing makeup on the rare occasion I have to go to the office and I am skipping eye shadow and liner so what I have isn’t going to run out any time soon. If I have my own office so, if I have to head back there soon, I won’t wear a mask there. So I will wear makeup.

I do plan to keep my nose and mouth covered when in public when other people are around. But I am actively working to avoid being around other humans and plan to continue doing that. 

Frequent Contributor

Great question. For me, probably not as much. The mask removes my makeup, so, it doesn't make a lot of sense to wear foundation, lipstick and blush. I live  in CA and we have to wear a mask at all times. So, I concentrate on having beautiful brows and sometimes a little liner and mascara. Splurge on skin care and fragrance. 

Regular Contributor

With my wearing a mask I am not wearing any makeup at all since it just makes a mess, and ruins masks.  I will one day buy more to replace makeup I have now and not using! I should wear eye makeup and mascara when I am wearing a mask but I am too lazy right now to do that!

If we all had the same opinion or everyone was the same. the world would be a very boring place!
Esteemed Contributor

@RetRN-- you had me until you said, "Older women seem to be the worst."  Ha.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I am not wearing makeup around the house.  I will still buy skin care but not more makeup since I already have plenty that I am not using.  Also with a mask I am not going to wear any foundation.  I might put on some eye makeup with the mask but then I wear glasses so probably not.  I know people saying makeup makes them feel better but not me.  I have worn it all my life and cleaning it off at night always seemed like a chore.  Now I am going to take a break till someone actually can see it.