Respected Contributor

Re: Will QVC and /. or Chaz address the class action law suit against Wen products?

@sonechko wrote:
I don't see a reason for Chaz to address this. You on the other hand, can stop using a product, that you having concerns about.
I don't quite understand what exactly you want Chaz to tell you now? That there is a law suit pending? But you already know this. That his product is possibly harmful to you? He won't say this - he created a product he believes to be good and he is using it himself for years. So do millions of satisfied customers, who find this product work wonderfull for their hair.
Don't use it if you are worried

Absolutely!  Or use it for your armpits, legs or unmentionables! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Will QVC and /. or Chaz address the class action law suit against Wen products?

@HappyDaze wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

QVC hasn't been "saying" anything; however, actions speak louder than words....

If you'll note, all recent presentations of WEN have been done by alternate hosts, those hosts that did not present WEN before, or, shall I say, the 'second string' of hosts.  Pay close attention going forward. 

So in other words, the Q has been addressing this situation just as any business would, professionally - but very cautiously.  They're simply continuing to 'sell in accordance with their contractual obligation.'

Hm this is jus simply NOT true. The past few shows I watched just recently were all the regular hosts and was presented by Chaz himself. I never saw a single show during the day that was presented by anyone else by Chaz or a host I've always seen present with him.

Never said Chaz wasn't part of the more recent presentations, just that the hosts were among, as I referred to them, were 'second string'. Honestly, take note and it will all become very clear -- the Q has backed up a bit, all within business law guidelines.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't touch WEN with a ten foot pole...just the chatter alone is enough to send me running...not taking any chances.

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

If you'll note, all recent presentations of WEN have been done by alternate hosts, those hosts that did not present WEN before, or, shall I say, the 'second string' of hosts.  Pay close attention going forward. 

So in other words, the Q has been addressing this situation just as any business would, professionally - but very cautiously.  They're simply continuing to 'sell in accordance with their contractual obligation.'

Hm this is jus simply NOT true. The past few shows I watched just recently were all the regular hosts and was presented by Chaz himself. I never saw a single show during the day that was presented by anyone else by Chaz or a host I've always seen present with him.

Never said Chaz wasn't part of the more recent presentations, just that the hosts were among, as I referred to them, were 'second string'. Honestly, take note and it will all become very clear -- the Q has backed up a bit, all within business law guidelines.

Business law guidelines?

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

Business law guidelines?

I know; right? I can't make heads nor tails of that post. The basic contention that Wen has now been relegated to second-string hosts? What?

And the "take note and it will all become clear" sounds ominous, doesn't it? 

yikes

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@fitfuninformed wrote:

And as I stated in my post, you are wrong though. I don't know who you consider "second string" hosts but I hardly watch QVC and the only hosts I saw with him during normal viewing hours (i.e. not in early am or middle of the night since I didn't see those) were the main hosts I've always seen.

LOL @suzyQ3 yes ominous and doom and gloom, lol. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Well if anyone is "concerned" and "taking note" - you are welcome to send all your Summer Honey Peach to me. 

Super Contributor

Just saw this

DALLAS, TEXAS (WPIX) – The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a safety alert about a line of cleansing hair conditioners after receiving a slew of complaints about hair loss, bald spots, itching and rashes.

The Wen cleansing conditioner line by celebrity stylist Chaz Dean is the subject of an ongoing class action lawsuit filed in 2014, but the sheer number of complaints prompted the FDA to issue an alert on July 19.

"As I was shampooing my hair with it, I was noticing handfuls of hair," former customer Cindy Peterson told WFAA in 2015. "Because my hair was so thick I didn't notice it right away."

The FDA says it has received 127 direct complaints from consumers, the most ever about a cosmetic hair cleansing product, including cleansing conditioners. The FDA is also investigating more than 21,000 reported complaints alleged in the lawsuit against Guthy-Renker, the company that makes and markets the products.

"Consumers who experience a reaction ... should stop using the product and consult with their dermatologist or other health care provider," the FDA said in its recommendation. The cause of the alleged side effects is not yet known, and the FDA is urging anyone who experiences them to contact them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mj12 wrote:

Well if anyone is "concerned" and "taking note" - you are welcome to send all your Summer Honey Peach to me. 

lololololol @Mj12! No doubt! Summer honey peach is zee bestest!

Respected Contributor

@crazy4bears wrote:

Just saw this

DALLAS, TEXAS (WPIX) – The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued a safety alert about a line of cleansing hair conditioners after receiving a slew of complaints about hair loss, bald spots, itching and rashes.

The Wen cleansing conditioner line by celebrity stylist Chaz Dean is the subject of an ongoing class action lawsuit filed in 2014, but the sheer number of complaints prompted the FDA to issue an alert on July 19.

"As I was shampooing my hair with it, I was noticing handfuls of hair," former customer Cindy Peterson told WFAA in 2015. "Because my hair was so thick I didn't notice it right away."

The FDA says it has received 127 direct complaints from consumers, the most ever about a cosmetic hair cleansing product, including cleansing conditioners. The FDA is also investigating more than 21,000 reported complaints alleged in the lawsuit against Guthy-Renker, the company that makes and markets the products.

"Consumers who experience a reaction ... should stop using the product and consult with their dermatologist or other health care provider," the FDA said in its recommendation. The cause of the alleged side effects is not yet known, and the FDA is urging anyone who experiences them to contact them.

I read this and found it interesting that it is the MOST complaints EVER about a cosmetic hair cleansing product. 

On the other hand, QVC alone sells gazillions of bottles of it, so it may be a low number overall.

Now that WEN is on the government's radar, Chaz Dean will have to defend his product.

Hyacinth