Super Contributor

Re: Will QVC and /. or Chaz address the class action law suit against Wen products?

I don't understand all of these Wen posts?  Companies and products get sued every day, the owners don't go around talking about them? Most of them just get settled and life goes on, companies tweak a product to make it better, or remove it from the shelves.  I use Wen occasionally and do notice more hair comes out when I comb it afterwards, so I just don't use it every day, but some days I'm in the mood for Wen.  I just don't get what the big deal is.  I stopped buying it when other people had the same problem and figure maybe it's just not the right cleanser for me, it certainly did not take a lawsuit to make me stop purchasing it.  Plus Chaz seems like such a wonderful person, people act like he did this on purpose or something.  Things happen manufacturing products.  There are soo many choices out there to not have to worry about this stuff.

Honored Contributor

Re: Will QVC and /. or Chaz address the class action law suit against Wen products?

@marsha lee wrote:

you are right to stop using this product. i was a wen user for 3.5 years, stopping november 2015. i have baby fine hair and have lost over half of my hair! i have joined the class action lawsuit against guthy-renker, the manufacturer. they do not want anymore bad publicity and have agreed to mediation to settle. if mediation does not produce results, the lawsuit will proceed to trial. YOU CAN RETURN ALL YOUR WEN, no matter how old. QVC will pay for return shipping and credit your account.

@marsha lee

You used Wen successfully for 3 1/2 years and suddenly your hair was falling out?     

Since many things can cause hair loss, did you have a dermatologist do testing to verify this?   If not, how can you substatiate it was actually the Wen that caused the problem?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luckylady440 wrote:

I have been a great follower and user of Wen products but I am becoming increasingly concerned about the number of women that are coming forward with claims of hair loss. My hairdresser today suggested that I stop using it for a period of time. I would like to know the truth and if any recent independent lab testing has been done to address such claims?

QVC and Chaz this is serious and I would like to know what is being done to address such concerns and protect the consumers.

Please advise.

Read the bottle!!!

IF ADVERSE REACTION OCCURS, DISCONTINUE USE, AND CONSULT A PHYSICIAN.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it references a deleted post.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
I too have been a follower of Chaz and I like him and have used his products just about all of them, for the last 4-5 years, but have noticed that my hair was greatly thinning out & was all over my house and clumps of my hair in the shower and my scalp was very dry and flakely. My hairdresser also told me he noticed each time that my hair was thinning more and more, never thinking it might be the wen. I had blood work done everything ok, I take hair, nail and skin vitamins, still hair falling out, then I heard about the woman and hair loss so I decided to stop using wen for last several weeks and sent back all the new unused wen. My scalp is no longer dry and flakely hair is getting much stronger and not all over my house or in the shower. I am using Redkin shampoo , conditioner and hair mask in the blue containers . I do admit I miss some of the wen lines, but will not use anymore.
Trusted Contributor

Guthy Renker is taking back all of my hairdresser's Wen and refunding. And she did not ask them, they ask her when she called to ask about seasonals available ( and they are not selling seasonals now).  ??

Honored Contributor

@2cockers1cat wrote:

You are fortunate to have a stylist who will meet with you on a Sunday for a consultation.

I've never heard of a stylist who will meet with a client on a Sunday.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Toppers wrote:

@2cockers1cat wrote:

You are fortunate to have a stylist who will meet with you on a Sunday for a consultation.

There are salons that are open on Sundays. Smiley Happy

Super Cuts and Great Clips.  I don't know of other full-service "salons" open on Sundays.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@Toppers wrote:

@2cockers1cat wrote:

There are salons that are open on Sundays. Smiley Happy

Super Cuts and Great Clips.  I don't know of other full-service "salons" open on Sundays.

we have a small number of non-chain hair and nail salons in our area that open on sundays. i LOVE getting my nails done on a sunday.....it is usually quite peaceful and quiet. i also know some salon stylists that will see clients in their homes on sundays.
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Occasional Contributor

U.S. Food & Drug Administration has just begun to look through the 21,000 complaints received by the manufacturer of Wen conditioner.  Also, the Consumer Affairs website has received over 1,000 reviews, most of which are negative.  Complaints are mainly concerning hair loss, rashes and itching.