Regular Contributor

Will Josie Maran's Argan Oil products cause breakouts???

Hello,

I am 52 with blemish prone skin. I am trying to convert to more natural products. I would like to try Josie's line, especially her SPF 47, Argan Milk & Cheek Gelee. My biggest fear is her line will cause breakouts. Anyone experience this problem with her products? Love your help if you have time. Have a wonderful day.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Will Josie Maran's Argan Oil products cause breakouts???

I am 39 and have very acne prone skin. I have been on accutane years ago as a teenager and I had cystic acne. I have been using the products for a couple of months now as I was always afraid to use them for fear of breakouts. I have had no issues. I have even read on some websites Argan Oil is a natural remedy for acne. I know others report breakouts at times but for me no issues. I use the argan oil and make up from the line. for me it has worked out very nicely

Respected Contributor

You won't know until you try it. I liked the feel of Josie's argan oil, especially the light version, but they both broke me out.

Frequent Contributor

It is worth a try and if you go on her website right now there is a deal on 3 of the 0.5 ounce bottles for 28.00 with free shipping. you can also always google coupon codes for her website

Valued Contributor

Hi & Welcome, Lindsay.Smiley Happy I have weird, finicky skin. I have something akin to akin that's associated with my Rosacea. I get redness accompanied by tiny, acne-like bumps. I use Argan (JM) and I love it AND it hasn't bothered this condition for me at all. In fact, I think my skin looks way better after consistently using Argan for a few years now. I think trying it out is the only way you'll know.Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I have had breakouts when trying pure argan oil or the argan milk. I've tried several times to be sure, so no more for me. I love the clear argan stick on my lips at night however, no problems there. Also no problems with the cheek gelees--they are fabulous and I have three different colors.

Respected Contributor

It took awhile but eventually it broke me out.
Super Contributor

Her Argon oil makes my skin dry.......I had to quit using it.

Frequent Contributor

I'm 64 and have skin like yours, and I recommend her Argan Oil Light. No breakouts, and it has made my oily/combo complexion look a lot better, less oily, more balanced. Before you make a big purchase, see if you can find a small bottle ($14 size at Sephora) and see if you like it. I've started buying the jumbo size here at QVC on auto-delivery. Seems to have medicinal properties for me -- greatly calms redness and irritation all over my body. I recently developed an odd itching problem, and this oil has been better for it than anything my dermatologist prescribed.

Respected Contributor

I know you asked about argan oil, and although I like it a lot, for break-out prone skin grape seed oil is excellent and much lighter. Much less expensive than JM's also.