Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I can spot a wig a mile away.

The "hair" doesn't move like real , natural hair.

It's stiff, and just looks fake.

I would spend the money and get a good quality wig made from real human hair.

@Anonymous032819  - it's the same thing with men's toupees. You can spot a bad one a mile away, like a dead animal is sitting on their heads. But...you can't tell a good one. Several men wear excellent lace front toupees that look so natural it's impossible to tell. My hairdresser does men's pieces and they look terrific.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@cddh , Name brand wigs is a good place.  There is a woman named Jill Lynn on you tube that wears Tony Of Beverly wigs sold right here on QVC. She demonstrates them quite well. They seem less expensive. I have also bought wigs from Cysterwigs. I have worn wigs for many years and sold them. I have tendonitis in my arm right now so I style them on a wig head....that way you don't have to reach above  your head.  If you and your daughter in law need tips on how to style it there are many youtube ladies who know how to show you so it won't look "wiggy"......Taz's Wig Closet,  Jill Lynn, Wigs by Patti's pearls all have excellent wig tutuorials.  I wish you well with your operation. I have broken both wrists and now with this tendonitis in my rotator cuff, I truely empathize.  Wigs have been a big help to me.  I only wear them when I go out.