Super Contributor

Due to a medical problem my hair is falling out, I have thought about purchasing a wig.

Can anyone give me a suggestion about a short hair wig that would be good for a 79 year old woman who tries to stay in style?

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Re: Wig suggestions

[ Edited ]

Very much depends on what your hair style is now if you want to match it, and what you want to spend. If you like bangs, Revlon "Scorpio" is a constant favorite. Good beginner wig, nothing fancy about the construction. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Brigitta  Why don't you ask your hairdresser? He/she would be more familiar with the style & texture of your hair & could better advise you. Good luck!!

Respected Contributor

Check out voguewigs dot com.  They have tons plus great sales and great customer service.  Good return policy too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Brigitta   All I can recommend is don't be sold on real expensive wigs.  I had one custom fitted for when I was going through chemo.  Cost me a lot of money and ended up falling apart. (and I never wore it at home)  I did better with a much less expensive version.  I agree, talk to your hair stylist, she would know best what's good for you.  Best wishes.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry you are having to deal with this.  

Most of us is in my chemo groups never found an exact solution and just waited it out.

Some got lucky actually got better hair.  Hold a good thought.

Respected Contributor

My aunt got her wig at cyster wigs online  and loves it.

Honored Contributor

I get a catalog from Paula Young and they have a lot of cute ones.  I haven't ordered one so don't know how their servce is. Vorgue wigs has Raquel Welch wigs, among others and they look really nice. Best wishes to you!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

Toni Brattin wigs

Respected Contributor

I have bought a few wigs from Paula Young   .   They have fast service and prompt refunds but there is always too much hair for me.  I hate to spend additional money to have them styled but it is always necessary.