Valued Contributor

I would just opt for a head scarf.

What I can say is, I will remember you daily and send you ~Blessings~ ..

To me, that is more important,.......................

I would say "you've got this", you sound like you have the right attitude....

Super Contributor

Try Paula Young dot.com website..Nice and reasonably priced. I wish you well.

Esteemed Contributor

Just want to wish you the best and a speedy recovery...

Trusted Contributor

sending you hugs and prayers and you will get through this.  

Edit this to also say:  I am a five year cancer survivor and and you got this....you have the right attitude and that is what it takes and I am sure you have a support team.  My husband was so good that each day he would remind me that I may have cancer but cancer don't have me and I got thru it and so will you.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains a link to another retail site

Respected Contributor

I actually had good luck with a couple of the Toni Brattin wigs I got here from the Q. They are the shorter layered styles in my natural brown color and have even been complimented on my hairstyle when I wear them.

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003  I hope that you are blessed with a full recovery.  We will keep you in our prayers.  

I own a lot of wigs and most are synthetic.  Today's synthetics are so well made that it really isn't necessary to get human hair unless you are investing in custom-made human hair (like the entertainers and models wear) and those are upward of $1,000. For your purposes you can find a wig for under $100 that will look fabulous for the time you will need it.  Also @cindyNC  suggestion of Headcovers.com is excellent.  I discovered this company when I went through a medical situation that caused hair fallout.  They not only sell wigs but the scarves and head coverings they sell are so gorgeous you can look fabulous wearing these.  I have many scarves and turbans from this company that I frequently opt to wear in lieu of my hair or a wig. 

Honored Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

I always wear a wig (my own hair is impossible for me to manage on my own) and go to a wig store that's very near a major cancer treatment center. 

There are always signs in the wig store connecting it to the major cancer treatment center.

Mention is made that the purchase is eligible for insurance reimbursement.

The hairstylists where I go are often working on women being treated for cancer and seem very knowledgeable.

I bet if you consult your treatment team at the hospital they can suggest a resource near the hospital that is expert in advising you regarding purchasing and caring for a wig. 

Wishing you the best!!!!

Most wigs look like FAKE PLASTIC hair. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 

So very sorry you are dealing with this issue.

@Annabellethecat has a beautiful wig which she wore quite a bit.  I believe she said she ordered it from the real Tony Braxton site.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@pdlinda wrote:

I always wear a wig (my own hair is impossible for me to manage on my own) and go to a wig store that's very near a major cancer treatment center. 

There are always signs in the wig store connecting it to the major cancer treatment center.

Mention is made that the purchase is eligible for insurance reimbursement.

The hairstylists where I go are often working on women being treated for cancer and seem very knowledgeable.

I bet if you consult your treatment team at the hospital they can suggest a resource near the hospital that is expert in advising you regarding purchasing and caring for a wig. 

Wishing you the best!!!!

Most wigs look like FAKE PLASTIC hair. 

@Chi-town girl 

Hope you never have to lose your hair.

Hyacinth