Respected Contributor

Re: Why your makeup makes wrinkles look worse.......

@Icegoddess  He said 60 year old foundation. I took it to mean the brand was 60 years old.

Honored Contributor

60 years? Which foundation has been around since 1959? Could he have said 16 and it sounded like 60?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I also watched Wayne Goss' youtube video and I think that's why I always have problems with undereye concealers. No matter what brand I try, in order to cover my dark undereye circles I have to apply a lot of concealer which of emphasizes lines there. It's a trade off to use an amount of concealer that hides most of the dark circles without making lines worse looking.

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

60 years? Which foundation has been around since 1959? Could he have said 16 and it sounded like 60?

@Icegoddess  @Janey2 @Porcelain 

I think he said 16 year old foundation, not 60.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

Revlon Touch and Glow Foundation has been around since the 1950’s

Honored Contributor

I like what he said about applying concealer just where you have darkness and not on the entire under eye area. That's exactly what I do when I put it just on the inner corners where the darkness is and I don't extend it beyond that. I have also heard this before from another MUA...limit the application of concealer to an exact spot and not to an entire area. Keep it on the actual dark parts, nothing more.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I like what he said about applying concealer just where you have darkness and not on the entire under eye area. That's exactly what I do when I put it just on the inner corners where the darkness is and I don't extend it beyond that. I have also heard this before from another MUA...limit the application of concealer to an exact spot and not to an entire area. Keep it on the actual dark parts, nothing more.

@SilleeMee, that's what I do, and use the smallest amount possible.  

Honored Contributor

Finally a video that tells the truth for many of us.  At least for me, this rings true.  So many cosmetic companies and youtube videos are pushing lighter coverage for very mature women.  If we are at the age of being wrinkled, many of us are also dealing with those darks spots and discolorations. 

I used to work in a make up store.  I did a lot of makeovers on women my age now and clear through to their 80's.   I have to agree with Wayne.....the even skin was more youthful and I felt you didn't notice the lines so much just how pretty and even their skin tones were. I appreciate Wayne sharing this.  Great video!  Thanks for  sharing it with us. 

Honored Contributor

I've seen different videos of his and I like him.  I agree with him for the most part.  I just thought he was meaning that if you were searching and searching and trying every new makeup out there searching for something that would make you look young again, that basically it was not going to happen - that you were better off sticking to a foundation you had been using and that you were pretty much happy with.

I often sort of thought the same thing he said but figured it was just me!  I would apply concealer under my eyes beause of the dark circles and then ended up looking worse and more wrinkly -- so, then, I would remove the concealer and just go without.  I need to keep in mind what he said though about makeup being to even things out and not being about covering or hiding every little thing.  Not gonna happen! 

I do feel, however, that there are certain makeups and powders that do work better for mature skin and don't make you look as wrinkly.  Unfortunately though it seems when we need the makeup the most, we have to use less because of aging skin and how it makes us look.  When you're young and really don't need that much, you can pile it on and look great!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@PorcelainWhat he mean't by 60 yrs ago was that if you have used a foundation that you liked for years that works for you, then stick with it. Instead of trying all the new that makes false claims.