Honored Contributor

Re: Why your makeup makes wrinkles look worse.......

Love that guy !! I totally agree with every word he speaks !! I've known for years that 3/4 of what gets said about the "miracles" that some make up claims is-----hogwash !!! Have been doing much of what he suggests for a few years now--especially the concealor on my eyes--I have that purple discoloration in the area by the nose; that is the only place I use it. And interesting that he applied the foundation with that cone sponge---I use that only with my Tarte shape tape but will have to try with foundation.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella wrote:

@PorcelainWhat he mean't by 60 yrs ago was that if you have used a foundation that you liked for years that works for you, then stick with it. Instead of trying all the new that makes false claims. 

************** I think so, too.  Even if you choose a heavier coverage you can thin it down to light to moderate coverage with a damp sponge and your make-up will last so much longer.  Can save a lot of money that way, too!  The cosmetic companies start to do our thinking for us if we are not careful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kabella wrote:

@PorcelainWhat he mean't by 60 yrs ago was that if you have used a foundation that you liked for years that works for you, then stick with it. Instead of trying all the new that makes false claims. 

************** I think so, too. Many of the older foundations are great and cheaper. Even if you choose a heavier coverage you can thin it down to light to moderate coverage with a damp sponge and your  foundation will go a lot farther.  Can save a lot of money that way, too!  The cosmetic companies start to do our thinking for us if we are not careful.

Frequent Contributor

great video! i try to plump up my skin before foundation by using Argan oil and or moisterizer. then I apply foundation.

Yes, i noticed that I have wrinkles now, age 58, but this video is a good reminder of the use of foundation and concealor!

Honored Contributor

Funny, I never considered foundation to be something to make me look younger, only somewhat better.  However, I do think some foundatios or the application can make one look older.

Honored Contributor

I do believe that application can help but when I really think about it....I  AM getting older so, yes, I  WILL  look older.....no matter how good the application is! 

I really didn't start getting wrinkles or crepey skin and eyelids till in my 60's.  Now, in my very late 60's, there they all are!  I've decided to roll with the punches and am trying to obsess less about it. Besides, I've earned every darn wrinkle I have and they remind me that I would never want to go back.  That may not be for everyone but that's where I am right now.