Trusted Contributor

Why your makeup makes wrinkles look worse.......

Here’s a great YouTube video by Makeup Artist Wayne Goss he explains “Why your makeup makes wrinkles look worse.”.........https://youtu.be/E6ucvlKbI4A
❤️“We are all different. Don’t judge, understand instead.”❤️
Contributor

Re: Why your makeup makes wrinkles look worse.......

@LoveMojitos  Very interesting video! Thanks for posting.

Respected Contributor

I do agree with what he says.  When I smile, unfortunately I do get the wrinkling under my eyes.  I also choose to wear a lightener both under and over my eyes because that area has turned so much darker and redder as I've aged.  I do try to keep the under eye lightener (not concealer) as thin as possible, and that minimizes the wrinkling when I smile.  I also use a lot of moisturizer, so the wrinkles pretty much disappear again once my face is at rest.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Wayne Goss speaks the truth!

Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I watched this too. It was interesting. Wayne Goss says that covering uneven skin tone and discoloration still makes you look better and younger -- even if your wrinkles are emphasized by the concealer or foundation. So zero discoloration > wrinkles according to him. I've seen some studies that back that up as well.

Respected Contributor

I would agree with him.  I only really wear foundation to even out my skin tone.  It's a plus if it will also hide my broken capillaries, but not at the price of looking like foundation.  Funny though, the one place I have problems with concealer settling into is those inner corners where he applied concealer.  I do try to avoid getting it all the way into the corners because of that.  So far, I have been happy with the Belle concealer not causing a problem though although I still do try not to get much in that area.  

I have noticed on the older makeup models that have a lot of wrinkling the foundation does make them more noticeable to me.  They do look better overall, but the wrinkles stand out more.

But, did I hear him correctly?  He put 60 year old foundation on?  Surely he must've said 6 but it sure sounded like 60 to me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't care what he has to say.  He doesn't look like a beauty expert to me.  All I know is my makeup does not make me look older because I know how to apply my makeup and I buy the brand and formulation that works for skin.  I also wear makup for the right reason.  I don't wear it to look younger, no makeup can do that.  I wear it took better and to cover the things I want to cover.  Which is not my entire face....LOL

Respected Contributor

I tend to agree with him - to some extent. Wearing very little make-up, in my opinion, is much better.

Trusted Contributor

My take away from his tutorial is basically "less is more" - something we here ALL have heard before.  He just said it in a different way.  

Honored Contributor

I've heard that before...that what really makes you look older is not the wrinkles but uneven skin tone and discolorations. I agree with what he says.