Esteemed Contributor

Why is the Foreo Luna silicone brush so expensive?

Why is the Foreo Luna silicone brush so expensive? I see them in Sephora and I've turned one on and it's basically a vibrating silicone nubby gizmo.

So if you own one, what do you like about it?

Super Contributor

Re: Why is the Foreo Luna silicone brush so expensive?

Doesn't harbor bacteria, waterproof, you never have to buy replacement brushes. Search for Foreo Luna dupe on Amazon. Less than $20 and a wonderful substitute.
Trusted Contributor

Exactly. Go to Amazon and order a dupe for about $20. You will lov eit just as much. Or if you don't love it you're not out that much. There can't possibly be any difference. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY because they have to pay everyone along the food chain.

I had one and loved it, but it only lasted a year.  I've been beyond satisfied with the dupe I bought on Amazon.  In fact, I like it even more than the original genuine article.  Go to Amazon and look for "silicone cleansing brush".  You'll find one for around $18.99 on Prime.  After you charge it, it will last you a good 4 months or more.  Just don't misplace your charging cord in the meantime. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

HSN is selling the brand Foreo Luna for $79 on 5 flex pays and free ship this week.  Considering all the benefits mentioned above, I think that's a very justifiable price.  I love mine and it has been so much less aggressive, yet incredibly effective, on my skin than the Clarisonic was. It's nice not to have to ever worry about bacterial buildup along with no future parts ever needed.

I do agree that the dupes now sold on Amazon are a great alternative as they seem to perform every bit as well.  Only real difference I noticed from the dupe to the brand was the battery time.  The brand lasts just under a year on one charge so very easy to travel with and also never have to worry about constant charging.  But only needing a charge every four or more months is pretty much as maintenance free too.

Foreo just feels so much better on my skin and my results have been better plus requires only 1 minute for the whole face - for me, just much better results than from any other face cleansing gadget,

Can't beat the price of the dupes .........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StillRachB wrote:
Doesn't harbor bacteria, waterproof, you never have to buy replacement brushes. Search for Foreo Luna dupe on Amazon. Less than $20 and a wonderful substitute.

Yep. We really don't care why it is priced so high since we can get a great dupe from Amazon! And many of us have! 

But it is a great little tool for all the reasons mentioned already. 

I'm not sure how long I've had my dupe (a year? Longer?) but I have not had to charge it once yet. I didn't even charge it when I first got it - too excited to try it! I think how often one needs to charge it depends how often one uses it - once a day, twice a day, once a week, etc.

Respected Contributor

I can just echo what others have said. Foreo is expensive because it is the "brand" name. I love mine and have used  it about 8 months. It is gentle and do not have to replace brushes. I use the Clarisonic on my body, and that works fine for me too. When my clarisonic dies I will not replace it and will try the dupes when my Foreo bites the dust. I prefer the gentleness of the Foreo since I am using the Tria laser and Nuface too. Also use retinol, etc. So my face does not need the brushes with all that going on!

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@StillRachB wrote:

Yep. We really don't care why it is priced so high since we can get a great dupe from Amazon! And many of us have! 

But it is a great little tool for all the reasons mentioned already. 

I'm not sure how long I've had my dupe (a year? Longer?) but I have not had to charge it once yet. I didn't even charge it when I first got it - too excited to try it! I think how often one needs to charge it depends how often one uses it - once a day, twice a day, once a week, etc.

You're right, @willdob3, that would make a difference.  I'm a twice a day user.  I know you were just illustrating a point, but once a week?  LOL  If that's the case, why even bother, right?

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch

Just wanted to say I followed your advice and purchased one from Amazon when my original died - super.

Also followed your suggestion for a Tacha powder dupe, also great!

Thanks for the tips!  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Just wanted to say I followed your advice and purchased one from Amazon when my original died - super.

Also followed your suggestion for a Tacha powder dupe, also great!

Thanks for the tips!  

Glad they're working well for you, @Drythe! Woman Very Happy