Honored Contributor

Re: Why is QVC allowing Doris Dalton to deceive?

[ Edited ]

Well, I know for a fact that makeup does not cover up as well as she claims (just like Jamie's celebration foundation) which I am okay with because I don't like or need alot of coverage. I didn't even have anything to really cover up but I cannot see how this foundation would cover up anything a tad bit discolored or dark spots without using alot of it. The dry erase pen is deceptive but, honestly, they all say and/or do deceptive things so it doesn't surprise me. Just like Josie's claim argan oil completely gets rid of wrinkles. That is just an insane ridiculous statement as it cannot do that. It may soften fine lines and some wrinkles but based on the biology of skin and the make up of argan oil, there is no possible way it is getting rid of wrinkles.

Another recent deception- Josie maran and her balm. She normally does a demo where she applies the balm to a cloth and then dips it i grape juice and then shows you how the grape juice doesn't penetrate the area where the balm is. Well, recently this demo was a complete fail and there was grape juice in the areas where the balm was too. Josie was so embarassed and said that perhaps someone used a different type of cloth and that was the reason why it was soaking through. Well, if the balm is suppose to seal out things so well, which was the point of this demo, then it should not matter what type of cloth was used, right? So it just shows you that these demos are rigged in ways to be deceptive. That is why I don't believe any of them. Ever.

How they all get away with exaggerated statements (i.e. lies) is beyond me.

Respected Contributor

Doris barely uses any foundation on her hand and the markers magically disappear!  If it takes a few coats to build it up to medium coverage, there's no way that the small amount she puts on her hand covers up dark markers.

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

Doris barely uses any foundation on her hand and the markers magically disappear!  If it takes a few coats to build it up to medium coverage, there's no way that the small amount she puts on her hand covers up dark markers.

If I remember correctly she puts the foundation over it fairly soon after she makes the marks with the colored dry erase markers?

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

If I remember correctly she puts the foundation over it fairly soon after she makes the marks with the colored dry erase markers?

Yep - immediately.

IF her foundation covered markers, then people would be raving about it being super full coverage like Estee Lauder Double Wear or Kat Von D or the new Urban Decay foundation.  They aren't.  It's light coverage, but buildable.  

Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

The ODO --- she's using red and blue DRY ERASE markers and saying that her foundation covers up the markers.  It doesn't --- it simply brushes the marker away.

Huh?   I'm not sure I understand your point.  Who uses markers on their face and then covers the marks with foundation?    And why would this mean anything to the rest of us?

My point was that Doris pretends like the foundation COVERS the markers when it just brushes them away.  She is being deceiving in saying that her foundation is super full coverage - enough to cover all of your discolorations whether they be blue or red.  

Literally no one thinks that means you should put markers on your face.  

Nope.  Dry erase markers DO NOT just brush away when used on skin.  They wipe off on non-pourous surfaces.

I just tested this.  Got out my dry erase marker, made a good heavy line on the back of my hand and let it dry.  Then I tried to rub it off with my other hand.  Nope, stayed put.

Then I got out my Doll10 foundation and my Ready to Wear Liquid Lift foundation.  Both covered when the foundation was applied thick enough.  When I then wiped off the foundations with a kleenex, the dry erase mark was still there visible under the makeup.  Even when I used soap to wash off the remaining makeup, all of that dry erase marker did not come off.

So, bottom line - no deception.

Please record yourself doing exactly what Doris Dalton does --- dry erase markers, NO dry time, immediately add a drop of foundation and blend.  No second or third coat to make it "thick enough".  I'll believe you when I see it for myself.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

The ODO --- she's using red and blue DRY ERASE markers and saying that her foundation covers up the markers.  It doesn't --- it simply brushes the marker away.

Huh?   I'm not sure I understand your point.  Who uses markers on their face and then covers the marks with foundation?    And why would this mean anything to the rest of us?

My point was that Doris pretends like the foundation COVERS the markers when it just brushes them away.  She is being deceiving in saying that her foundation is super full coverage - enough to cover all of your discolorations whether they be blue or red.  

Nope.  Dry erase markers DO NOT just brush away when used on skin.  They wipe off on non-pourous surfaces.

I just tested this.  Got out my dry erase marker, made a good heavy line on the back of my hand and let it dry.  Then I tried to rub it off with my other hand.  Nope, stayed put.

Then I got out my Doll10 foundation and my Ready to Wear Liquid Lift foundation.  Both covered when the foundation was applied thick enough.  When I then wiped off the foundations with a kleenex, the dry erase mark was still there visible under the makeup.  Even when I used soap to wash off the remaining makeup, all of that dry erase marker did not come off.

@Buck-i-Nana

So Doris wasn't deceiving us ......   thanks for a second test!

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

Please record yourself doing exactly what Doris Dalton does --- dry erase markers, NO dry time, immediately add a drop of foundation and blend.  No second or third coat to make it "thick enough".  I'll believe you when I see it for myself.

@Mellie32    @Buck-i-Nana

Look, she already tested it and found you were mistaken.   She doesn't have to prove anything to you.  

If you don't want to buy that makeup, then don't buy it, but don't call other posters liars.

Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 - You're a teacher right?  You have access to dry erase markers then.  Draw on the back of your own hand with a dry erase marker and then try to brush it off.  Doesn't happen.  Doesn't matter WHAT foundation you use, try putting the foundation over it, then look to see if the marker has brushed off.

You specifically state that the marker brushes off, it doesn't.  It only wipes or brushes off on non-pourous surfaces.

Instead of basically calling me a liar, why don't you post a video showing that marker brushing off?  You're the one claiming that QVC and Doris are deceiving....prove it.

Honored Contributor

I have dry erase markers but my friend has the foundation. I will try to get over there tomorrow and do the test and see what happens. I will report back.

Respected Contributor

I will humbly eat my words and apologize if I'm wrong.  I don't have the foundation to try it myself, but I would love to see someone who isn't Doris Dalton do the demonstration.