Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Harbor Freight Open But Sephora Isn't???

@Porcelain They know me by name at Tractor Supply.   And yes, the last time I was there I called in my order and they had my 3 45 lbs of dog food ready and waiting (they've always loaded it for me).  

Lowes and Home Depot are two of my favorite stores.  I just don't like Harbor Freight.  In this house, there are "guy stores" and "girl stores".  Lumber yards and Sephora are examples of "guy stores" and "girl stores".

I was in Lowes today to buy a white hard hat and some pink spray paint.  I am the contractor (in name only) for my daughter's and SIL's new home build.  They're closing on Monday.  I have to be at the bank to sign.  My daughter said to be sure and bring my pink hard hat (kidding of course).  I'm hoping she's not too terribly embarrassed when I show up wearing a glittery pink hard hat Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain If I knew what I wanted from Sephora, ordering on line would be no problem.  I've done it plenty of times since I'm an hour away from the nearest store.  It's just been a while since I've been in the store and miss not being able to go.  

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 there is nothing essential about lipstick.

Now I KNOW I'm not in the Beauty Forum! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformed  Yes, it was tongue in cheek but I don't think most took it that way! LOL

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Porcelain They know me by name at Tractor Supply.   And yes, the last time I was there I called in my order and they had my 3 45 lbs of dog food ready and waiting (they've always loaded it for me).  

Lowes and Home Depot are two of my favorite stores.  I just don't like Harbor Freight.  In this house, there are "guy stores" and "girl stores".  Lumber yards and Sephora are examples of "guy stores" and "girl stores".

I was in Lowes today to buy a white hard hat and some pink spray paint.  I am the contractor (in name only) for my daughter's and SIL's new home build.  They're closing on Monday.  I have to be at the bank to sign.  My daughter said to be sure and bring my pink hard hat (kidding of course).  I'm hoping she's not too terribly embarrassed when I show up wearing a glittery pink hard hat Smiley Happy

@monicakm I have a pink hard hat.  I use it for when I'm cutting tree limbs with my pole chain saw.  But, I was really disappointed that the only color I could find a small-sized hard hat in was pink.  I don't like that things associated with girls have to be pink.  There are many really cool hard hats out there, but none of them seem to be for smaller heads like mine.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 Change in plans.  I needed to go to Lowes and so did mom so we went together and hubby stayed home to work  on the tiller and is going to HF tomorrow with a friend.  Mom and I had to stand outside nearly 30 minutes to get into Lowes.  We live in a town of 3300 people so we've not been exposed to most of the new guidelines due to COVID-19.  Only 100 people (including employees) at a time.  Our favorite restaurant was right across the street.  So sad/strange not to see the parking lot FULL of cars.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess And that's OK.  I'm a girly girl with strong feelings about male and female roles (as is my husband).  It's been working for us for nearly 41 years.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess And that's OK.  I'm a girly girl with strong feelings about male and female roles (as is my husband).  It's been working for us for nearly 41 years.

@monicakm I'm an engineer married to an engineer, so I abandoned those conventions a long time ago.  I clean up nice though.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess LOL, Love it!!

Honored Contributor

Never heard of Harbor Freight but our Ace Hardware is open for pick up only.  People need to realize that businesses are closed for a reason -- to keep you safe.  Learn patience.  I would rather sacrifice this time to be safe later.

kindness is strength