Honored Contributor

Re: Why is HSN disguising a word in their Benefit kit?

They market their products to a younger audience.  All their makeup has some catchy name.  That is actually mild "ass" compare to Tom Ford and I certainly won't give you that name.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@RoughDraft wrote:

With some of the horrible things going on in the world today, this doesn't even cause a blip on my personal radar.  No, it doesn't offend me, but there's always someone in the wings who will be.  

That's horror in the world today...too many accept and dont feel a blip in their personal radar...so it goes on, and takes it to the next level...much lower.  This is what lures in customers...????  WOW!!

@Dazlin, speaking for myself and presumptuously for @RoughDraft, I doubt that we consider "horror in the world today" in the same way as you do.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

FCC considers seven words in their 'dirty words' list and the word ass is not one of them. That's why we can type it here on this forum without it being censored.

@SilleeMee, I may be wrong, but I doubt the the FCC list is exactly the same as QVC's list, which btw seems to change over time.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

FCC considers seven words in their 'dirty words' list and the word ass is not one of them. That's why we can type it here on this forum without it being censored.

@SilleeMee, I may be wrong, but I doubt the the FCC list is exactly the same as QVC's list, which btw seems to change over time.

Yes, @suzyQ3, I think you might be right about that. Q's list changes with the times it seems.

Honored Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

While it doesn't offend you, it more than likely would someone else.  It's crass.

@MarkeieMark Equal to NARS Orgasm blush? There are many names given to makeup like Benefit’s Better Than Sex mascara and some of the names in the Urban Decay line. In 2018, it isn’t crass to me anymore.

Honored Contributor

This thread is borderline ‘baiting’ with a controversial topic,

but I guess I’m biting ‘cuz I’m responding...🙃

HSN isn’t ‘hiding’ anything.  It’s a stock photo for the product.

Ulta, Macy’s, Sak’s, JCPenney...they all have the same photo.

EE620EBF-81E3-492F-A681-07F8EB5C78BF.jpeg

Honored Contributor

well, i have seen written on these boards that some people think that qvc and hsn are "family viewing" and that hosts should be careful what they say on the air because "young ears" could be listening.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

The name Is awful! Sounds tacky!
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

The name just sounds Odd. The word that comes to mind as preceeding "Ass" is DUMB.  Sorry, can't shake that thought so I'd need to be Really impressed by the kit to get past that.