Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Fairly Medium NEVER offered in kits?

I suspect the answer to your question is right here in this thread, Gina. You started it 10 days ago and we still can count all the responses that are not yours on our fingers! That's bad news for a mass marketer like QVC because they need to sell hundreds and thousands of the items they offer, especially well-priced kits.

The good news in the responses is that most of them were positive about wanting that shade. The more positives you get, the more likely BE is to push QVC to offer that color. IMO

Valued Contributor

I've asked and asked and asked again why they can't put all of the shades and all of the types of foundation in the kits. Both Sephora and Ulta have starter kits that you can pick your shade and foundation type. I am a Fairly Medium user in matte, and haven't bought a kit with foundation in forever, since they never have matte, and don't have all the shades. I've gotten kits which were shipped directly from BE, not from the Q warehouses, so it wouldn't be all that difficult to have the kits made up, and just add the foundation. It's annoying. And it's also annoying that they only ever have the deluxe size foundation in original.

Honored Contributor

Interesting. I didn't know this was a shade. I was happy when they added Fairly Light and that's what I ended up settling on so I stopped checking the shades.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

It's not fair.

Super Contributor

this is why i never buy kits ...the foundation eats up 75 percent of the cost and the color is never right

Occasional Contributor

I'm with you on this! I am always disappointed that Fairly Medium isn't offered. When I first started using BE loose foundation years ago, it wasn't a color choice. I was matched to Medium, but when Fairly Medium came out, it was a better shade for me. I end up getting Medium in kits since Fairly Medium isn't offered. It sure would be nice if all the shades were offered in kits. I know some of the darker shades aren't offered either and both QVC and Bare Minerals are losing sales.
Super Contributor

I know, I started with Medium in their starter kit, but I was going tanning back then so I had more color. When I lost some color I assumed Light would be the next shade, but it looked yellow on me! I was so confused at that time, but that was before I realized that I had pink undertones. Then they came out with Fairly Medium so I was able to use that! Now I don't go tanning and maybe only need Medium for a month in the summer, otherwise I'm pretty consistent with Fairly Medium.

There's no way someone that can wear Medium can go to Light, so I don't know why they don't offer Fairly Medium more, it's a whole shade range that skips us with pink undertones without it.

I LOATHE the way QVC only sells a very minimal range of foundation shades, even when the brand actually makes much more. Like Tarte, they now make many more foundation shades for different skin tones, but QVC only offers, Fair, Light, Meduim, Tan etc etc. We aren't a tiny group of 5 shades!

Valued Contributor

Unfortunately most of the lines ignore us with pink undertones. I had a BE rep tell me that I should use one that is more yellow to counter the pink. It seemed logical, so I had her put on medium or maybe medium beige and went outside. I looked ill!

Contributor

I am another user of fairly medium and am upset that they dont offer specials for that shade, too. I used to mix bisque with medium, but was thrilled when it came out. Years ago I used to buy every single TSV, I kind of miss those days!
Frequent Contributor

I haven't been on these forums in a while, so I was happy to see this topic. For awhile I was mixing Fairly Light and Medium Beige in hopes of getting a better shade match, but I wasn't really happy with how it looked and I was losing faith in my Bare Minerals foundation. When watching a BM presentation on Original foundation, I noticed that the picture most close to my complexion was Fairly Medium. Jessica has also discussed undertones on air. When she mentioned burning before you tan, and turning pink or red with sun exposure being an indicator for having a cool undertone, a lightlbulb went on for me.

I purchased Fairly Medium at Ulta after a consultant in the store confirmed it was actually a MUCH better match for me. I read something online about this shade not being utilized frequently. I was originally shade matched in a BE boutique, so I'm wondering how often this shade mix up occurs.

It makes perfect sense to me: I am not Fair, nor truly Light, nor truly Medium. I definitely do not have the "golden" look without using self tanner. I definitely fall into the range between Light and Medium, but with pink undertones. And I bet next August when I do have a tan, I will be Medium as opposed to Medium Beige. I know that both It and Laura Gellr's foundations are too yellow for me, and there needs to be expansion of shade availability in both those lines before I would consider them again in the future.