Honored Contributor

Re: Why does the Beachwaver Girl...............

@Annabellethecat66 Probably for breast cancer awareness month.  I am seeing a lot of pink hair on  tv and in every day life.  

Respected Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Just because someone wants to express individuality with something out of the ordinary like pink hair doesn't mean they should.  She is are asking a mass audience such as what would be watching QVC to trust her as a savvy creative businesswoman and spend money on her product.  The pink hair was a change the channel turn off for me. 

Different strokes for different folks. What turns you off, another will like. I like pink and I like her hair. I think she is very pretty.

Trusted Contributor

I have a very good friend who some time back had her hair dyed pink.  She's 68 and not overly concerned with style.  I didn't even question it, it's her hair and I figure she can do exactly as she likes with it.

It's back to her natural grayish shade now.

Honored Contributor

There are some women that just want to be fun and different.  Why does there always have to be a reason?  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I was at the salon once and watched them do a pink strip in a young (12 maybe) persons hair. First they had to strip all of the color out. Has to be hard on the hair if you are doing a whole head and keeping the roots up...

Respected Contributor

Whenever I've seen her on air she's had pink hair so yes, I think it's her thing. 

Honored Contributor

It sends a message.  The message is that I know I'm selling to an older audience and chances are most of them won't find the hair a good look, they will find it odd and focus on that instead of the product.  But hey, I don't care what they think.  What I want to do is more important. 

That's the message. 

Respected Contributor

Maybe she'll move on to "mermaid hair"

Image result for mermaid hair

Honored Contributor

I've seen lots of blue, pink, purple and green hair around here, on all ages.  Where I live is not exactly fashion forward.

Respected Contributor

I think it is great that she can wear her hair the way she likes and her product is a little more geared for a younger customer , not that any woman of any age with a little longer can't use it. I do understand how for some people it is a little distracting , but i think she sold a lot of the beachwavers.