Esteemed Contributor
Although I never believe the hype surrounding any and all cosmetics promotion, these QVC presenters had better be more careful of what they say. An outright lie could get them all into some trouble. You'll never hear a presenter say, "This product will getbrid of ll ypur wrinkles." Rather, you'll hear something like, "This product reduces the APPEARANCE of lines and wrinkles." It sounds like the presenter referred to in this post has crossed a precarious line.
Respected Contributor
On 4/15/2014 luvpoos said:

Have you ever met a honest sales person.

HA!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

BE used to do this too.

They all do it.

I too wish they would use a bare-faced model and build from scratch.

From the first product applied (perhaps primer) to the last...maybe the lipstick.

In order--not scatter-shot like they do now...sometimes presenting the foundation...then they will sell the primer.

I think more people would ""trust"" what they are buying if this method of demonstrating was used...jmho.

Frequent Contributor

She's selling cosmetics, so I figure it's a bit of smoke and mirrors....

I bought the CC cream, SPF 50 when the kit with the tight liner gel and lip gloss when it was a TSV, and I absolutely love it. I went back and bought the same kit in tan to get me through the summer. I put a little concealer under my eyes and red spots before I use it, but, no matter what makeup I put on, I have to do that.

Honored Contributor
On 4/15/2014 croemer said:
On 4/15/2014 deelor said:
On 4/15/2014 happy housewife said:

Do you guys remember the lady who used to come to QVC and demo her MU wearing rollers and no MU at all then as the hour went by she would do her face and hair using the products she was selling? Her I trusted.

She is on HSN now, but I don't know the new name of her cosmetic line. However, she still does those demos in rollers! LOL!

ybf beauty! She still comes out in rollers...no MU and starts from scratch. I really appreciate her shows and that she starts from the first face product and builds to a finished face and hair style.

You are talking about Stacey and I loved her demos! Am not expecting to see anyone else do this on QVC!

Honored Contributor
On 4/15/2014 rac71 said:
On 4/15/2014 Trix said:

The marketing and advertising teams for the brands are just writing ad copy, and scripts for the on-air reps like Jamie to follow telling women what they want to hear in order to be encouraged to buy.

I'm confused. I thought Jamie is the owner/founder of IT, not just a sales rep.

same here...I remember hearing her say she started the IT company herself

Super Contributor

I think it is a time crunch issue. They only have a few minutes to demonstrate and sell. So everything even the talking has to be done in high speed.

Occasional Contributor

I've heard several hosts say that they are tightly regulated and are not allowed to make false claims (for instance, a model cannot be wearing false eyelashes and then have them claim that mascara is all she is using during a mascara demo). The models do actually cleanse their faces between demos, most likely with just a wet washcloth or makeup remover cloths. Don't forget that those showing their products come with a team of "helpers" who remove and apply the makeup to save time, so they know how to be really quick! Look at all the models Chaz uses for his demos...we know he didn't personally cleanse and style every model's hair. I do wish they would show the complete process of applying the makeup instead of just part of the face or one eye, but they only have so much time, so we need to think of that.

Super Contributor
On 4/16/2014 lovesrecess said:
On 4/15/2014 croemer said:
On 4/15/2014 deelor said:
On 4/15/2014 happy housewife said:

Do you guys remember the lady who used to come to QVC and demo her MU wearing rollers and no MU at all then as the hour went by she would do her face and hair using the products she was selling? Her I trusted.

She is on HSN now, but I don't know the new name of her cosmetic line. However, she still does those demos in rollers! LOL!

ybf beauty! She still comes out in rollers...no MU and starts from scratch. I really appreciate her shows and that she starts from the first face product and builds to a finished face and hair style.

You are talking about Stacey and I loved her demos! Am not expecting to see anyone else do this on QVC!

I always enjoy Stacey and love the fact that she starts from scratch.