Regular Contributor

Re: Why did we have to watch Shawn last night from her bathroom

I watched the entire show and thought Shawn did just fine. I like watching Shawn & Leah together. Granted, both have their own idiosyncrasies but, all in all, they work pretty well together. I always look forward to 'Cheers to Shopping!"HeartHeart

Respected Contributor

I am sure she wants to get paid , but get better lighting and probably a different room , it looked so amatuerish in my opinion,Kim Gravel looks better than she does in the studio , she has some good lighting. 

Trusted Contributor

I thought it was dumb.  I watched Leah for a couple of items, then when Shawn started with the TSV, I was gone.  It's supposed to be about the customer, not about Shawn and whether she's getting air time or paid or whatever.  This is where I think QVC has lost the point.  We should be the stars of this show, not the hosts.  People like Mary Beth know this.  I almost never watch anymore because, except for a handful of hosts, I almost always find it annoying.  I only tried watching last night because I had read Shawn was off.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Effie54. You didn't have to watch Shawn last night from her bathroom.  I didnt.

Well gee, who wouldn't have guessed that at least one person would say that??! I think I know that already. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

I thought it was dumb.  I watched Leah for a couple of items, then when Shawn started with the TSV, I was gone.  It's supposed to be about the customer, not about Shawn and whether she's getting air time or paid or whatever.  This is where I think QVC has lost the point.  We should be the stars of this show, not the hosts.  People like Mary Beth know this.  I almost never watch anymore because, except for a handful of hosts, I almost always find it annoying.  I only tried watching last night because I had read Shawn was off.  

Thank you! I thought it was only me who finds her off-putting. 

Respected Contributor

We don't have to watch her and I DON'T. The "Shawn Show" does not interest me in the slightest. She should be matched with Kerstin and they can spend the whole show looking at themselves in the monitor and talking about themselves. I'll pass on all that baloney.

Respected Contributor

You didn't have to. You could have turned it off.

Super Contributor

I didn't think it was that strange, considering the TSV was a beauty product, and Shawn was sitting in front of her makeup mirror. If her toilet was visible, then yes, that would have been cringe worthy, but it was just a makeup area. 

I also don't find it problematic during this time for hosts to be at home, or to have split screens, etc. That's been life for the past year! It's not ideal, but hopefully it's not forever. 

Super Contributor

Honestly, I cannot believe she broadcasted from her bathroom.  Imagine if someone who worked from home did a Zoom meeting from their bathroom.  It's just really inappropriate in my opinion.  You can definitely use beauty products from others\ rooms of your home.  

Occasional Contributor

I loved the Christmas shows with Shawn and Courtney. I bought so much stuff, it was refreshing !!! They have two hosts on a lot, so what ?!?

Lighten up people !!!