Esteemed Contributor

Why did we have to watch Shawn last night from her bathroom

So Shawn is out for 2 weeks due to quarantining for the Covid. Fine....but why did we have to watch her on air broadcasting from her baathroom last night? Couldn't they have paired lovely Leah up with someome else like Amy? I can't watch......it was awful.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why did we have to watch Shawn last night from her bathroom

There is a thread about this elsewhere.  Apparently Shawn kicked off the TSV Monday into Tuesday from her bathroom as well and Jen Coffey was in the studio just standing there.

I flipped over last night during an IT show.  If this is the new way Q is going to broadcast, I'm going to be totally out, although I rarely watch now.  It almost seemed as if Leah was at home as well.  there was a split screen and Leah was in one frame and the IT rep was in the other.  The camera was super close-up on Leah for the entire presentation I watched.  I don't know if they ever backed off or not but it was annoying.

At one point there was a triple screen and they added a model applying mascara.     

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

There is a thread about this elsewhere.  Apparently Shawn kicked off the TSV Monday into Tuesday from her bathroom as well and Jen Coffey was in the studio just standing there.

I flipped over last night during an IT show.  If this is the new way Q is going to broadcast, I'm going to be totally out, although I rarely watch now.  It almost seemed as if Leah was at home as well.  there was a split screen and Leah was in one frame and the IT rep was in the other.  The camera was super close-up on Leah for the entire presentation I watched.  I don't know if they ever backed off or not but it was annoying.

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I agree.....I'm sorry, not to be mean, but 2 weeks without Shawn would be a good breather. I love lovely Leah, but can't see her and Shawn together. Leah looks uncomfortable during their shows. To me, its not a good match. 

Frequent Contributor

I never understood why they need two hosts for any show.  It never used to be that way and it makes me wonder why they don't try cutting costs by cutting back on over staffing.  Perhaps they could lower some of the high prices that are getting riduculous.

Super Contributor

I am guessing that Shawn has something in her contract so that she has the freedom to choose to broadcast from her bathroom. Maybe she's afraid being gone too long would reduce her exposure and popularity.

Respected Contributor

I don't care if Shawn was broadcasting from her car. She said in the beginning that she would probably check in from home. She's making the best of a bad situation. She's asymptomatic for Covid, responsibly in quarantine because of an exposure. 

We forget that it's just a job, with so much personal and vacation time allotted. She's had several unfortunate events where she had to take time off. Staying on board, with broadcasts from home keeps her on the clock, which may be one way to save spending further personal, or vacation time.

Or,  like in my previous work, in hospital as an RN, if you were low on personal time and something like this happened, you'd have to take off without pay and they still wouldn't have been happy to upset the scheduling.

They're people, just like the rest of us, balancing difficult times. More so, right now.

Trusted Contributor

the show title had both their names in it, so i guess that's their show. i didn't find anything awful at all about it. shawn just isn't your type of host maybe. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54. You didn't have to watch Shawn last night from her bathroom.  I didnt.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We're almost a year into this virus & some can't cope watching a Q show from the comfort of their home...ugh. I didn't see it but my guess is she was in the bathroom because is the lighting is good, a mirror is available, her family doesn't have to be inconvenienced & she may be trying to stay away from them because of her exposure...and she was scheduled to work so she's doing the best she can. Good grief I'll never understand why people can't be flexible, understanding & have a sense of humor about the things that just don't matter.

Honored Contributor

I don't really care why or if Shawn was in her bathroom.  But QVC is a business and they need to make money.  All of this Skyping and split screens, etc. is a nightmare because the feeds are often bad, the sound goes out and everyone ends up talking all over each other and nothing can be heard or understood. Then they all apologize for talking over each other and then they all tell the others to go ahead, once again over top each other. 

For me a better adjustment would be for them to not have vendors right now until they can be back in studio.  If a host has to broadcast from home for whatever reason, let her broadcast from home on her own instead of having another co-host in studio.