Honored Contributor

Re: Why did the color of my highlight fade so fast?

Definitely call the salon up and tell them what happened. You don't have money to give away.  Years ago when I had my hair highlighted it would last months.  Good luck.  It sounds like they did not use a permanent color. My hair was med. brown with reddish brown highlights.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

It could be one of a few things.  First you probably shouldn't have washed your hair a few times the first week.

Second the stlist might have over lightened the hair.  Sometimes it is better to highlight the hair with a tint  solutions and not a bleach.

Lastly, by the rules, it shouldn't have faded that much.  Unless your hair is damaged, over bleached where the color molecules can not adhere to molecules in cortex.  Color holds color is one of the rules.

Yes, I would go back to the salon. I've been highlighting my hair for many years and I wait as long as possible to wash my hair. I wait at least a week. But your color should not have faded so fast. In my experience my highlights do not fade that much even after several weeks or months.

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

Hello, lisandjen and welcome. Smiley Happy

You might want to call and ask the salon why your highlights faded so quickly.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder