Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why bring in NuFace type devices??

@Effie54.  These products do work when used consistently.    I think many reviewers look for instant results.   

Honored Contributor

These are basically TENS units to exercise your face muscles. If you need therapy, such as a mini-stroke victim or Bell's palsy sufferer, as mentioned, it could work well for you. Just like using a TENS unit to rehabilitate an injured knee.

For everyone else, though, It's simpler to do a couple facial exercises every day or so, without a gadget. If you rely on one of these machines, you have to get out the unit and apply the conductivity goop before you can start. It's a hassle. The more hassle the less likely you are to persist with a habit.

Facial exercise is the best way to firm up your jawline and lift your cheeks. It also helps you make your face look more symmetrical, which looks more pleasing and beautiful. Because facial muscles are so small, you get quick, fairly dramatic results. But the results do fade if you stop exercising.

Running one of these doohickeys over your face a few times and then quitting will just make you jaded and upset. I say only get one if you know you would enjoy the entire experience on a regular basis for the rest of your life. If you would, and you use it as directed, you will look lovelier over time.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

NuFace does take commitment-no question.  I have seen results and early on, I was using it 15 minutes a day.  Now I use it once a week.

I have discovered self facial massage and in a short time, that really seems to be picking up where NuFace left off. IMO, when you massage serum and moisturizer into the skin, it has a chance to really work as opposed to what I was doing before-just cursory swipes!

I have a laundry list of medical problems-including a history of Bell's Palsy which can return. I have made the decision not to go for fillers or surgery, and NuFace has helped boost my confidence in my appearance.

It would be faster-and more expensive to go to a doctor, but every invasive procedure carries a risk.....

Poodlepet2