Esteemed Contributor

Why bring in NuFace type devices??

I just happened to be looking over the facial tightening machines, like the NuFace, etc. None of them get good ratings. Sure, there are a few people who will give good ratings, but the majority of them don't seem to work. I've tried the NuFace myself and sent it back. With consistent mediocre ratings - why bring it back for an encore? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Why bring in NuFace type devices??

@Effie54 wrote:

I just happened to be looking over the facial tightening machines, like the NuFace, etc. None of them get good ratings. Sure, there are a few people who will give good ratings, but the majority of them don't seem to work. I've tried the NuFace myself and sent it back. With consistent mediocre ratings - why bring it back for an encore? 

I have had excellent results with NuFace.  In fact I have a friend who has Bell's Palsy and there is a remarkable difference in her face.  The device was RECOMMENDED by her Doctor.  She was a biggest factor in my trying a NuFace device.

Like many products it depends on a persons commitment.

Honored Contributor

I think that those who say they don't seem to work are either those who did not want to take the time to use consistently enough to show real results or those that never even tried one.  I use the facemaster and EGG and get great results from both -but only if I use them concsistently!! 

Trusted Contributor

I think this would work but it would take a daily commitment. I don't have this and I know that. I have considered ordering it but I won't do it enough. It's like everything else; dieting, exercizing, eating healthy. It's keeping it up for the long haul. I don't think this product would make me look like I did in my 30s but I do think it would help lifting my jowls and eyes. I think that's why so many bad reviews. We like instant gratification.
Trusted Contributor

I like the results with NuFace.  As a matter of fact, I got to the point where I cut back to once or twice a week.  Then, I  got lazy and stopped.  Could definitely tell that it was time to get back to at least using it several times weekly.  It only takes less than 5 minutes!   I do agree that there are  people who like instant results.  Plus, there are so many things that are available  at a doctor's office that will give insant results and last for months, if not longer.  I have the mini Nuface and glad that they brought it to QVC.  I probably wouldn't have tried it otherwise.

Respected Contributor

I wish they'd get a different before/after photo!  Give us something different!!

I have one, but I really hate using it.  My skin has become drier, and the extra step of taking the gel off can be irritating to my skin.

What I STILL don't know is if there are truly LONG TERM results.  I understand about needing to keep up some level of use.  But IF I use it 5-7 times/week, will I truly get long term lift??????  Such that I will still see results BEFORE using it again???

I absolutely believe it gives some short term lift.  But, do the results STAY after you've put in the time to use it a lot????  With a booster use of 2-3X/week.  I would like to see photos of someone who has NOT just used it.  Compare it to a BEFORE of say 3-6 months photo.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

Why?  Because the very expensive creams they sell don't work.

Trusted Contributor

I feel the nuface works really well.  It doesn't give you a facelift, but it tones and firms your face, and helps quite a bit with regular use.

Compare it to doing 10 sit-ups a couple of times and seeing no change to your core.  Then try doing 10 sit-ups 5-times a day for a week.  You will notice a little change (if you are someone that does not exercise).  You won't have a six-pack, but you will notice some firmness that you hadn't had before.

Then if you stop doing your daily 50 sit-ups, the subtle improvement you'd noticed before will go away over time.  I compare the nuface to that level of exercise.  Subtle firmness that is better over time, but will dissipate if you don't keep it up. 

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Effie54

Because these devices have passed the FDA approval screening process?    I tend to think that most "failures" are people who can't commit to doing this regularly.   It's not QVC's fault that some people are just too lazy.   JMO

Respected Contributor

I think people think it's going to work miracles and/or it's going to work over night. I agree that it's probably like anything else, like dieting, exercise, etc.