Honored Contributor

Re: Why I will NEVER again buy cosmetics from QVC

an additional suggestion......

post your problem and tag a mod in the customer care forum if you are unwilling to call QVC customer service.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@ChouChou wrote:

I am a long time Q customer and have purchased many items (not just cosmetics) from the Q. With very few exceptions I have been pleased with my purchases. However, I will never again purchase cosmetics from QVC.

They recently had a Beauty Deal for the Westmore Perfecter body cream. My sister had purchased it from the Westmore website and I tried it and loved it. I am fairer than she is and I decided to get the Fair Radiance AND the Natural Radiance. The Natural Radiance was delivered first and was properly sealed with tape securing the cap to the tube containing the cream. Additionally, there was a foil pull tab covering the opening to keep the product safe. No problem.

The Fair Radiance arrived a few days later. There was no tape on the cap but there was some residual adhesive where the tape had been. I took the lid off and there was not silver foil pull tab and I noticed a fingerprint smeared at the top of the tube and some of the cream had oozed out into the cap.

The tube had been opened and used. I threw it away. I am going on vacation and at this time I can't be bothered with the return. However, please, please be aware, QVC, I am done with your cosmetics. I will purchase the Fair Radiance from the Westmore website when I return from vacation. I am beyond disappointed. I guess that the Quality is no longer part of the QVC promise to its customers.

@ChouChou  I’ve had this happen too many times myself. Returned, used or tried product and not checked before re-shipping. Send your complaint to CS, they don’t read forums.

Super Contributor

Thanks to all who replied. As to why I haven't contacted CS, I am now in Iceland! The item arrived the day we left. I just didn't have the time to take care of QVC business. I chalked it up to lessons learned.

To those who suggested that I call CS when I return, thank you. I will. If QVC chooses to refund my money - fine. If not, also fine. I'm just not into getting my knickers in a knot over $34.00. And, no, I am not wealthy. I simply have to choose my battles.

To those who felt that I was unfair to QVC: Just as they have a business to run, I have a hectic and busy life. I very rarely post on this forum. I only posted so that others who purchased cosmetics would be aware of this. I am not a QVC critic. They provide a service that I both use and appreciate. I just won't use it for cosmetics.

Honored Contributor

I would have returned it with their label and indicated it was defective (had been used).  You could have dropped it in the mail and you would not have been charged for the return postage.     I never "toss" anything I  can return even if in some cases I have to pay the postage.  For defective items you are not charged for their label or if you pay the postage you get a refund for that.

Respected Contributor

I don't blame you one bit.  I would never order any cosmetics from the Q if I got a used one.  The Q has really gone downhill and it is their responsibility to make sure you get a new product each and every order.  Why are returned, used items even available in an area that should be filling new orders?  It's too bad you are too busy to return, but I understand.  Time can be money.  ITA with your decision not to order from them.

Respected Contributor

I recently received an item that had leaked all of over the inside and outside the box. The cap was open. I called and said it was a mess of grease. Said they would credit my account while I was on the phone. Didn’t have to send it back. 

Respected Contributor

same thing happened to me...i called CS and they credited my account and told me to discard the product, very helpful and nice

Honored Contributor

@ChouChouYou have the right to buy from wherever you want, but in  the world I live in there are no perfect companies.

I fully agree with the 20some posters who think you're unreasonable in venting your anger without giving the company a chance to do the right thing.

Therefore, your rant hasn't convinced me I should eliminate my purchases from QVC's inventory. 

Trusted Contributor

When cosmetics are returned, they should be discarded. No discussion. There's a sky-high markup for cosmetics and this could cause an infection.

So far, I've been lucky and everything has been sealed except TSV's, they usually aren't. I wish this wouldn't have happened to anyone...

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@ChouChouYou have the right to buy from wherever you want, but in  the world I live in there are no perfect companies.

I fully agree with the 20some posters who think you're unreasonable in venting your anger without giving the company a chance to do the right thing.

Therefore, your rant hasn't convinced me I should eliminate my purchases from QVC's inventory. 

That's not the point. The point is a used cosmetic was sent to her. It never should have happened. She is talking about cosmetics, not other purchases. She said she would never again buy cosmetics from QVC.