Contributor

Re: Why I'm Passing on IT TSV

Snail poo?

Trusted Contributor

On 1/19/2015 magicmoodz said:

I am conflicted. I really have an issue with the delivery system of the foundation. I saw Jamie open a compact this morning and it seems after the first use it would look like a hot mess. Not attractive!

Also, I think IT brushes are beautiful, especially the brilliant silver ones. To my eye, the compacts and the brush handle in this TSV look a bit like cheap plastic. Maybe I am wrong?

And I don't like the color of the lipstick!

I think I have just talked myself out of it!

I have one of the shiny silver It brushes, and a half dozen (at least ??) of the black handled ones. The silver is lightweight, feels like hollow plastic, and looks /feels cheaper than the black ones. The bristles seem about the same, but I can't really compare since the only silver one I own is a stippling brush and different than the others. Some of the other It kits contained brushes that alone, made the kit a phenomenal value, but I don't think I'd feel this way about this particular brush. They do look pretty on TV though!
Trusted Contributor

Glad I looked at the forum discussion. Was about to post a question about the Celebration Foundation..I just tried to use the one I have in Light/Medium this morning. It is from a TSV awhile ago. It is sooooo powdery when I apply it. I think it accentuates my wrinkles. (63 years old). Do any of you have comments. I was surprised at how drying I think it is, yet most people RAVE about it. Is it just me?? Was looking again to perhaps purchase the TSV and now am definitely thinking against it. What is the power IT has over Q shoppers??

Valued Contributor

I wasn't going to order... until I saw the hot and flashy demo, it made her skin look so good! I don't like snail anything, but I decided I'm just not going to think about it.
Honored Contributor

I just tossed almost a whole tube of the cc crème I bought almost 4 years ago and gave the rest of the IT cosmetics I had to my niece. I do think they make good eye shadows and lip stains, but I would not buy again, maybe if they would make the cosmetics in the US I would try it again.

Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Danielle46 said:

I'm very confused with all the different powder type products from IT. I use many of their products including Celebration Foundation which came in an IT TSV back in October. I seldom buy a TSV - maybe one or two a year. Can someone tell me the difference between the foundation type products in this TSV vs the other IT powder foundations? IN addition, does this CC cream in the compact have staying powder or do you have to reapply again during the

Edited due to formatting errors. Please see my response below.
Contributor

Danielle46, I was also curious about the new powder in the tsv. Late last night when I compared the ingredients in the new powder in today's tsv to the ingredients listed on the qvc website for IT celebration foundation the ingredient deck was IDENTICAL. It is being touted as "new" so the concentrations must differ, but unless there was an error regarding one of the ingredient decks, the contents and order of appearance are identical. I already have the CC cream as well as the celebration foundation compact so I am not purchasing the kit today. I am a big fan of IT cosmetics and Jamie. I did my research before buying the TSV today, which I know is the consumers responsibility, yet I still feel a bit "duped" with the CC cream repackaging and the new powder (with the ingredient list previously mentioned) being included under the claim of "5 new launches". I guess the smallest change is technically considered new..... Perhaps people who end up with both powders will find that they perform differently....I hope so.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/19/2015 CAshopper2011 said:
On 1/19/2015 magicmoodz said:

I am conflicted. I really have an issue with the delivery system of the foundation. I saw Jamie open a compact this morning and it seems after the first use it would look like a hot mess. Not attractive!

Also, I think IT brushes are beautiful, especially the brilliant silver ones. To my eye, the compacts and the brush handle in this TSV look a bit like cheap plastic. Maybe I am wrong?

And I don't like the color of the lipstick!

I think I have just talked myself out of it!

I have one of the shiny silver It brushes, and a half dozen (at least ??) of the black handled ones. The silver is lightweight, feels like hollow plastic, and looks /feels cheaper than the black ones. The bristles seem about the same, but I can't really compare since the only silver one I own is a stippling brush and different than the others. Some of the other It kits contained brushes that alone, made the kit a phenomenal value, but I don't think I'd feel this way about this particular brush. They do look pretty on TV though!

Thank you for your comments CAshopper. The only problem I have with black-handled brushes is I get them dirty. I pick them up when I might have foundation on my fingertips and they just don't stay pristine looking. But they are beautiful!

Honored Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Coffeebean33 said: Danielle46, I was also curious about the new powder in the tsv. Late last night when I compared the ingredients in the new powder in today's tsv to the ingredients listed on the qvc website for IT celebration foundation the ingredient deck was IDENTICAL. It is being touted as "new" so the concentrations must differ, but unless their was an error regarding one of the ingredient decks, the contents and order of appearance are identical. I already have the CC cream as well as the celebration foundation compact so I am not purchasing the kit today. I am a big fan of IT cosmetics and Jamie. I did my research before buying the TSV today, which I know is the consumers responsibility, yet I still feel a bit "duped" with the CC cream repackaging and the new powder (with the ingredient list previously mentioned) being included under the claim of "5 new launches". I guess the smallest change is technically considered new..... Perhaps people who end up with both powders will find that they perform differently....I hope so.

I'm curious about the powder being the same as mentioned in your post. I watched Coach Glitter do a comparison of the TSV products to current IT products and it was very informative and was what pushed me over the edge to purchase.

THe CC+ cream in the compact delivers just the correct amount, no more no less. One pump. Using that, there should be no cream left over in the compact well. For me, this is a win. I've had the CC+ in the tube and pump out way too much each time which is a waste. Plus, this size will fit in my makeup bag. IMHO, she pumped way too many times to show how it works and that left her with a boatload of product which made a mess.

The powder, however, was what she focused on. If what she says is true, this powder is in the same league as Trish McEvoys Finishing Powder; sets makeup, blurs lines/wrinkles and offers a soft focus finish. It is VERY light and offers little to no coverage. That is nothing like the Celebration Foundation product (which I had and returned to Ulta as it was too heavy and powdery and dry). This product is also supposed to be good for dry skin.

If this is NOT true, I'll contact both Coach Glitter and IT for putting out false info.

The lip product will work and as it's so buttery and hydrating, that's a win. The concealer will be nice as I've used other lines which have the silver ball and they feel great, they really, do. Plus, I'm almost out of concealer and this is supposed to be lightweight but high in pigment and true flesh colors (unlike Bye Bye Eye). The brush? I could pass but there it is.

We'll see.

Super Contributor

I'm not buying it. I can't get into the snail secretions thing, not for me. Also, the foundation and cover cream, whatever it is, shade selection is ridiculous. Would it KILL them to swatch the colors on their hands or arms? I don't understand why they won't do this. Or at least do this on a model? Showing pictures does NOT help anyone select a shade.

And the selection for fair skin with pink undertones is not correct. For some reason they think they can do a fair selection with a neutral or yellow undertone and that will work for everyone. Nope. And for some, like me, the fair would be a bit too light and the light is a bit too dark. There's no in between and it's not pink toned enough for my skin. So that's out.

The lipstick-- well my experience with her lipsticks hasn't been good. You never know what weird color they will go on and turn to, when you apply them and wear them for a while. It's a pretty color in the tube, but who knows what it will be when you actually have it on your lips!

And I really don't need it. So there's that. And, I'm planning to buy some new things this spring from Bobbi Brown and MAC.

I love the brush! But the brush is nothing special (and I have one just like it already) and for about $35 you can get the same brush, with a blush so there's that.

So, yes I'm passing. Nothing that special. A nice kit and a great value if the colors work for you and you wear them all the time and you know you'll use everything in the kit.