Frequent Contributor

Re: Why I'm Passing on IT TSV

I'm passing too.. I love the IT products I use, but I feel the CC compact is gimmicky, and just unnecessarily cumbersome. I love the classic IT CC pump. I have no use for a sheer finishing powder, I've accumulated so many other powders that I can use for that purpose. The various IT face products are inconsistent shade-wise, so who knows if the special "Eye" illuminating CC would be the correct color, and the metal tip applicator is silly in my opinion.

For someone wanting to try the CC cream though - this could be a good set to get.

Esteemed Contributor

For me, I have enough makeup, actually more than enough. I plan to use up some of what I have before I buy anything else.

Trusted Contributor

I admit I was tempted last night, but I'm staying strong. I don't need a darn thing in the way of cosmetics and I don't need to talk myself into buying this kit. I was attracted to the lipstick, but when I saw it on the models, it looked too pink for me. And bottom line, this TSV just plain costs too much (although I imagine the brush is very nice).

Valued Contributor

JMO, a lot of the foundation products of late are gimmicky. I haven't been sucked in by any of them. If anything, I've been going back to old tried and true favorites even when needing to purchase. BB's, CC's, Cushions, this compact...just doesn't lure me. Kudos to anyone who loves it! It really is 'to each her own' when it comes to makeup. I haven't purchased a foundation from QVC in years because of the tendency to have more yellow undertones. Most of them tend not to work with my skin which is more neutral/cool.

Honored Contributor

I've given up trying to tell, by seeing it on tv, if lipstick would look good on me or not. In the compact, I like the shade of the lipstick and on some of the models, it looks good.

But so often, the models and hosts have a lipcolor on top of another lip color or they have gloss over the lipcolor and you can't tell.

When I ordered the last BE TSV, the lipcolor was gorgeous on the hosts and models. The shade looked beautiful on tv and my monitor. When I got the kit home and opened the lipstick, I knew it wasn't for me and it looked even more horrible on my lips. There was nothing nudey pink about it. It leaned toward a light nude orange on me. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

In addition to agreeing with the OP's points, I just don't do sets or kits. The few times that I succumbed, I was sorely disappointed.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Holding strong ??????

WHY would anyone buy someone they can live without ..... or don't need?

I don't get it.

Super Contributor

I bought the Bye Bye Pores loose powder a while ago. It gets rave reviews, but makes me look white, regardless of how little I use, so it sits in my drawer. I thought it would be great if it had some color. It looks like this is what the Airbrush Perfecting Powder is. I won't be buying the TSV just for this, but hopefully, it will become available on it's own.

Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

Holding strong ??????

WHY would anyone buy someone they can live without ..... or don't need? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I don't get it. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Ease up with the ??? I already said I wasn't buying it, thus not buying what I don't need.
Contributor

I'm passing on it too! In agreement with the points that the OP made.

I'm doing great with my Simplify/ComPact program. No regrets and feeling much lighter and happier!

Hope you all are having a wonderful day!