Respected Contributor

Re: Why I'm Passing on IT TSV

On 1/19/2015 Beauty$Junkie said:

Stay strong, aprilskies. When I feel weak, I only have to go check my stash. Is there something I am out of? Oh, my heavens, not for a long time. I do like to watch the applications, as they do spur me on to use what I have. Sometimes, I just forget how to use what is already on hand. Sometimes, I just want to buy something. I certainly don't need to spend $70 on additional items for the stash. Compact!!

Thanks, Beauty$junkie. I ordered twice and cancelled both times 5 mins later. Crazy. I really just want the brushes. Yes, you are right about checking what you have. It helped that the day before I organized my linen closet. Now I just have to remember to look in it once the buying urge hits or when I hear the sweet song of the siren. Thanks for the reminder. COMPACT!
Occasional Contributor

I purchased it because I have been looking for a good finishing powder and I hope this one is it. I love the CC cream, I can wear it to the beach and get absolutely no sunburn. Even my good sunscreens don't perform that well. However, I note that the amount of CC cream you are getting in this new delivery compact system is significantly less than what is in the tube. I probably will not continue the auto-delivery, but I do want to try the new products.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have no problem with the cost, I think it's great for the number or products.

But I don't like the color choices. I have the Celebration Foundation in Fair and it's too light. But the Light choice is too yellow. There just isn't a good color for me to choose from. She really needs to offer something for those of us that are light with pink/neutral toned skin

The lipstick looks pretty though.

Contributor

On 1/19/2015 beach-mom said:

#1 - Can't get past the snail secretion extract.

#2 - I like other products from IT.

#3 - Don't need it! Wink

I just can't get past the snail secretion either. I have her anti-aging foundation, and I love it. I ordered a few more of her things, but not the TSV. I ordered one of her eyeshadows with the brush, the pore vanishing powder and one of her eyebrow pots. I hope I like these, too. If not, I will send back. I'm not above paying the return shipping if the product is bad. Ordering items together does get the 1/2 price shipping on the additional products, so it kind of works out for me. I more often read a lot of the reviews before I order anything anymore.

#22aday is 22 too many. I will miss you every second until I see you again. 11/16/86 - 03/05/15 RIP sweet child of mine. ~ SGT T C Chester/USMC/05-10/Iraq ~ Always Faithful
Honored Contributor

I guess It goes without saying.

Regular Contributor

On 1/19/2015 scatcat said: Just my 2 cents. I know a lot of you like/are ordering. First - the .47 oz CC cream in a stupid delivery system in shades no one can figure out. Second - no idea if I like the concealer color/consistency. Third- the lipstick color probably isn't for me. Fourth - I'm not a powder girl/dry skin, so would I use it?? Fifth - so for $70 I'd be buying a nice brush. I'm going to stay strong and shop my stash. Have a good week ladies.

My thoughts exactly---well said. Marketing these TSVs are all very calculated to make these sales & the profit margin.

Contributor

I was watching briefly this morning and the vendor was applying the makeup to her face. Maybe it was just the camera, but it looked yellow on her. I bought another similar product from Tart and even after using moisturizer on my face first it made my skin look dry. I'll stick with the Clinique liquid base.

Regular Contributor

I'm also surprised about the compact delivery system. The tube with the pump seemed to be popular & had good reviews. But I think when they offered that extra large size, people stocked up & therefore, were set for awhile. So she comes out with this new gimmick, supposedly same product, in the hopes of enticing more purchases.

Super Contributor

I am passing as well, too much money for what you get, high shipping, only 2 ez pays. I have no idea if the compact powder is all 1 color, or is different colors

Super Contributor

I was shocked the foundation wasn't a bigger size.