New Contributor

Why Doesn't Bareminerals have Holiday TSVs anymore?

Hi,
.Just curious if anyone knows why Bareminerals doesn't have a holiday TSV anymore? Is it the Q that doesn't want it that way or Bareminerals? I used to love those kits and look forward to them every year. I would purchase on Auto delivery and have a kit come every few momths with different colors. I miss colorful TSVs with blush, lip stick or gloss, and their eye shadows! While I love their foundation, I miss their big, beautiful kits!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Why Doesn't Bareminerals have Holiday TSVs anymore?

[ Edited ]

I really miss them too. They came in a cute package, and i looked forward to them every year, especially the eyeshadows. Now it's only face powders. I think it would be great if they did a warm kit and a cool tone kit !

Trusted Contributor

Bareminerals had amazing holiday TSVs! I used to always buy them and get the auto delivery option to collect all of the collection kits. They were awesome combinations of products and fun bags or useful new brushes. I miss them. I had hoped they would return this year but don't see anything scheduled yet. I do use their products the most often of all makeup brands and did buy their new foundation/bisque holiday kit and primer duo. If they ever did their holiday kits again, I would buy it asap!! The combinations of eyeshadows, blush, etc were always very well done. I don't recall the last time I saw a full hour of this brand on QVC? I miss seeing their presentations. 

Esteemed Contributor

Last time  , I saw any Holiday gift sets was at their retail stores at my outlet mall  or maybe it was Sephora .

QVC seems to  always be promoting IT or Geller  makeup

Super Contributor

I remember the days when Bare Minerals was a frequent product shown on QVC but that was back before a lot of changes took place with both companies. For one thing they are both parts of different corporations now which makes a huge difference.
As for TSVs….hard to tell what the plans will be with everything changing again, and from what I have seen ….not for the better.
Cosmetics have become a huge market. When QVC was a smaller operation they would show some nice little makeup idea and people would jump on those things. Now there are thousands of cosmetic offerings at other places as well as on the QVC website. It may be a bit more difficult to sell certain items with all of the competition.
I think that QVC needs some managers that are in charge of specific products. Get buyers that are actually in touch with the market. They need to decide who they are marketing to as well.
Respected Contributor

If a product does not continue to sell well it won't get a TSV. 

Respected Contributor

When Leslie Bloggett owned BE we ALWAYS had terrific TSV's and holiday specials.  Gone are those days...

Respected Contributor

You might want to check out the Bare Minerals website.  I just got notice of a 25% off but I don't know if that will include Holiday Kits.  I really miss those specials too.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is always QVC's decision on who has how many TSV's and when.  If products and vendors don't sell enough to make their expected quota, the number of TSV's, the air times of their shows, and the frequency of their presentations in category shows gets reduced.  When Shisedo bought Bare Minerals, discontinued many of the popular products, and changed the formulas of others, the "new" Bare Minerals stopped selling, and QVC started cutting them.  I had a bunch of the old Bare Escentuals products on auto-delivery, loved them and depended on them, and poof, they were gone, so I sure stopped buying, and I'll bet alot of others did, too.  Shisedo thought they were buying a gold mine, but then they poisoned the mine, and nobody wanted to buy the "new" products.  I think that's called cutting off your nose to spite your face?  Not QVC's fault, Shisedo did it to themselves!