Honored Contributor

Re: Why Do I Want Mally's Lip Powder?

I'm a little miffed at QVC at the moment.  I was curious and placed an order on Friday at 11:30AM Eastern.  I reconsidered and decided to cancel so I did that online at 6:30AM Eastern Saturday.  I got a weird notification that I've never seen before - "Attempting to Cancel".  It's still like that today.  Every other order I've ever placed sits there for at least a couple of days with the cancel option available.  If I'd cancel sometime it was done immediately.

Honored Contributor

I am afraid it would be vry dry on your lips

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I'm a little miffed at QVC at the moment.  I was curious and placed an order on Friday at 11:30AM Eastern.  I reconsidered and decided to cancel so I did that online at 6:30AM Eastern Saturday.  I got a weird notification that I've never seen before - "Attempting to Cancel".  It's still like that today.  Every other order I've ever placed sits there for at least a couple of days with the cancel option available.  If I'd cancel sometime it was done immediately.

@JeanLouiseFinch, it's tricky. I tried to cancel a pair of shoes not more than five minutes after purchase. "In process" was the message. It cost me $l2. 

Mine was in January and not before Christmas when things like that might happen.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch, it's tricky. I tried to cancel a pair of shoes not more than five minutes after purchase. "In process" was the message. It cost me $l2. 

Mine was in January and not before Christmas when things like that might happen.

@febe1- The status still hasn't changed so I called CS and told them what happened.  The CSR told me that some items are getting shipped straight from vendors and not a QVC warehouse.  They are trying to get in touch with the vendor to stop the order, but since I did try to cancel I will still receive a full refund if it ends up being delivered and I have to return it.  You might try calling CS to get that $12 back.  

Honored Contributor

Why do you want it?   If you really don't know ... just pass.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@febe1- The status still hasn't changed so I called CS and told them what happened.  The CSR told me that some items are getting shipped straight from vendors and not a QVC warehouse.  They are trying to get in touch with the vendor to stop the order, but since I did try to cancel I will still receive a full refund if it ends up being delivered and I have to return it.  You might try calling CS to get that $12 back.  

Thanks for the good tip, @JeanLouiseFinch. I should have done that. You were smart to fight for it. I think I'll wait for another occurrence and then I surely will call CS. 

Further, I ordered two pair of shoes and tried to cancel the one. What happened was I had to return both of them to the tune of $24. I probably won't be ordering shoes anymore. The S&H is just a racket, and they must generate much money from it. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is why I wish they had smaller lipsticks for those of us who love to buy lipstick, can't get enough colours, but can't use even one whole one before it goes bad. Anyone know of any company specializing in mini lipsticks?

Valued Contributor

Perhaps its good becuse it will be good for traveling . Regular lipsticks break ,leak and melt because they are subject to temperature change. It might especially work out in your pocketbook in summer and winter, Liquid lipstick  in pocketbook s and luggage in summer and pocket can be a disaster,

cathy from ma

Occasional Contributor

I ordered this and I am disappointed…my expectation was that this would be more the coverage of a lipstick and be a tad creamy. Turns out it has the look and feel of a stain and with very faint pigment. I have to wear gloss over it to make it work.

Trusted Contributor

You are NOT a Debbie Downer, you are honest & keeping it real. Thx for your post, I appreciate it.