Honored Contributor

Re: Why Can't They Make False Lashes Like This?

Two fails in one day Smiley Sad  The Barbie jeweled lashes are too short and sparse even with a coat of mascara.  Jewels are subtle and that's fine but I won't be wearing them to the 16th birthday party (I don't think).

Kiss Spikey X (You Dew You) lashes are CRAZY!  I would love to be able to wear them but it's a big fat NO!  These literally look like costume lashes. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm too old to be sporting that kind of eye makeup. Maybe if I was twenty or thirty-something. 

I think the eye shadow is fine, but the heavy black liner and heavy lashes are too much.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Kachina624 

You'd think there would be some standards of decorum and hygiene in the medical fields.

There ARE standards of decorum and hygiene in the medical field.  Apparently just not to your standards.

@monicakm    Standards are called that because they're standardized throughout the industry, not to individual tastes.  You should know that.  Medical personnel should not look ghoulish and unsanitary, which includes excess make-up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Kachina624 

I'll remember that when my eyelids get crepey

@monicakm   I doubt it will bother you a bit.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Yeah, I guess I don't care enough what my friends and family think of what I choose to wear on my face.  I've never had anyone complain or make a rude comment.  Oh wait!  Yes I have.  My daughter, but she's light hearted about it.  She doesn't wear any makeup except for lash extension.  She could certainly benefit from some skincare and makeup.  

@monicakm  I don't think any of us who prefer a more polished makeup look would make a critical comment to any of our friends, acquaintances or strangers who go full on glam.  Any negative thoughts I might have would certainly be kept to myself (unless I had a daughter who I thought could benefit from some constructive criticism).

Trusted Contributor

@TwinkleBell  Did you get your goodies yet?  if so, what is your opinion. Smiley Happy

Do the math.
Valued Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

@TwinkleBell  Did you get your goodies yet?  if so, what is your opinion. Smiley Happy

!~~~~~~~~~~

@MarieIG    YES!!  Thanks for asking!

I DID!!  I DID!! ... I rec'd them Sunday!  And I'm incredibly shocked,* .. & delighted!  The BEST $8 that I recall ever spending!

I didnt see in the title that they are foldable.. but they are!  .. (Which protect the metal "spokes/tines" on each of the "eyelash separater combs.") 

(And even the duo-ended "eyebrow brushes" are foldable!) 

*HELL.OF.A.LOT.BETTER* than the 100% plastic, 2D "Maybelline-ish" simple comb" that I'd used since I was a teen!

@MarieIG  Thanks for asking!  "Big thumbs up!"

(Pic again)

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

I wonder how those metal combs are safer than a safety pin?  It looks like about 25 safety pins in one of those combs Smiley Surprised  

Valued Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I wonder how those metal combs are safer than a safety pin?  It looks like about 25 safety pins in one of those combs Smiley Surprised  

@monicakm   Interesting that you asked!

I was thinking.. since there's a total of (3) .. i was thinking of maybe pulling out every other tine/spoke, in one of these (3), even if I only start "brushing" thru the eyelashes initially, working up to the closer, originally "tines/spokes"  Whatta think?

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell 

Soooo...you'd only have 12 pins to stick you in the eyeball.  I guess that's better lol  A week or so ago someone was shocked that I used to use a safety pin to separate my lashes.  I did this for decades before switching to false lashes.  Stuck myself in the eyeball one time.

I think if you have three combs and you're curious as too the look it would create, go for it.  If I still used mascara, I would probably try it (if I'd thought of it).