Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why Can't They Make False Lashes Like This?

I don't wear false eyelashes-no interest- but they are popular. How would a person keep them clean? I figure that after some uses they wouldn't be very hygenic and could cause irritation. Is there a special cleanser for false lashes? 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie 

Could be.  How would you get mascara off lash extensions?  Don't you have to be super careful with those?  And maybe it was just done for a photo shoot.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Yeah, I guess I don't care enough what my friends and family think of what I choose to wear on my face.  I've never had anyone complain or make a rude comment.  Oh wait!  Yes I have.  My daughter, but she's light hearted about it.  She doesn't wear any makeup except for lash extension.  She could certainly benefit from some skincare and makeup.  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Too each their own, right?  And goodness, I don't recall asking anyone if they liked this look or thought it appropriate.  You'd think I'd know better by now tho.  I think this group really enjoys it when they have something they can pounce on when someone has the audacity to share something they don't like. 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 

Frankly, any makeup is fake.  If it alters your natural look, it's fake.  

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

Yes

And I've been wearing false lashes for over 3 years.  No problems.  Wore them about that long when my daughter was born 40 years ago.

I can wear the same pair multiple times.  I remove the old glue and reapply.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Applying mascara to bottom lashes...I guess I don't understand the problem.  I'm sure you can find 100s of YT videos on the topic.  I kinda hold my head down a little bit, open my mouth with my chin dropping...it's a funny look.  I've  been applying mascara to my bottom lashes for 50 years so it's something I could do in my sleep.  If you apply mascara before foundation or eyeshadow (like I do) it's easy to  clean off with a baby wipe.  If after, let it dry and flick it off with a spoolie.

@monicakm 

I think I have a problem w/ bottom lashes because my lashes hit my cheeks ... if that makes any sense and I can hardly see the lashes (because they are light colored) to get the mascara brush to touch just the lashes and not my cheeks. I see other people apply mascara and it looks so easy, but for whatever reason, I am just not adept at applying. I do not remember having this problem when I was in my 30's. LOL. 

I rarely even try anymore and just sort of smudge some brown liner along the bottom lash line and call it good. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Frequent Contributor

Hi! Here’s what I used to do for the bottom lashes…place the edge of a Kleenex under the lower lash before applying it. This will keep mascara off the skin!
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm , I would like if posters who post telling us what kind of makeup to wear, what looks good and what doesn't, etc., would post a picture of themselves made up first so that we could say ohmygosh, her makeup looks great, I want to do what she says to do or yikes!!!  No way would I do that!  That looks terrible.  Much like on the fashion thread the poster who tells people what is a good look and what is a bad look posts pictures of herself so I can determine wow she looks great...I want to follow her advice, or no way would I wear those clothes.   Otherwise a simple that's not for me would cover it IMO.  

Frequent Contributor

If you try lashify unless you want to try the multi day wear you really don't need their wand and control kit  which is very expensive   The double sided bond with the black and white whisper light bonds is a very nice bond. You basically apply the black lightly to you underside of your own lashes like mascara then apply a little bit of the white on the spines of the little lash wisps then use a tweezer or their wand to hold the lashes  at their edges and place the spines on your own lashes spaced a little bit from your water line so it doesn't touch anything but your lashes. The you can pinch your lashes together with the wisps with your fingers or their wand as needed to sort of fuse the whole thing together. I don't sleep in them because i am worried i would mess uo my own lashes or get eye infections but a lot of people seem to keep them on for  days so  i fuse very minimallg. They have a remover called release  that also comes in a mascara like delivery system thst works great.   I like the kiss wisps i think they are called falscara which are lots cheaper  but the lashifyy lashes are the nicest quality.  You just have to figure which of their styles suits you best     Have fun if you try them.