Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why Can't I Find A Good Foundaton

@Jordan2 I highly recommend Urban Decay foundations. They have a wide assortment of shades and all are in very wearable shades. I love the light, but well pigmented coverage. I think their foundations are among the very best in the market. I buy mine from Ulta, which is great because you can try them on and, importantly, actually see what you look like....since their stores are well lighted unlike Sephora!). Good luck!

Honored Contributor

Another vote for L'Oreal True Match

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2I have always had a hard time finding a shade and foundation I like.  SKINN had some good ones but when Perricone came out with the original (not the serum) No Foundation Foundation with no shades - well it works in the winter and in the summer without having to change shades.    Another thing is that maybe you are not exfolliating, using a primer or applying it too heavily to begin with  which is what I used to do years ago thinking more was better.    There is nothing that works for every one though.

Honored Contributor

I agree with you!  Foundation is my biggest complaint and problem.  Other items of makeup are not that important to me.  But foundation --- well, that makes or breaks your whole complexion and face.  If that does not look and feel good, then forget it!

I use LG Balance & Brighten more than anything.  But it is not doing it all for me either.  I have probably 15 different makeups right now.  I just ordered a small kit of Pur to see if I like it.  

I tried a few different formulas in IT and while there were some very good qualities to it, I was not all together pleased with it either.

I guess we just keep searching and hopefully we will eventually hit on the right one! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I have been looking my whole life for a foundation that matches my skin, not make my face greasier, not cause breakouts and has a good non chemical SPF.  I bought the philosophy skin tint and it made my face a greasy mess.  The closest I have found is the It CC your face but better.  However it settles in lines and wrinkles.  Angie on Hot and Flashy raves about chanel lumiere velvet. 

Valued Contributor

Dior is a good foundation

Honored Contributor

You know how they can match your color of paint when you go to a paint store?? Why can't someone do this for foundation??!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2, the newest one that I am dying to try is Lawless on Sephora website. It is a clean product with no yucky ingredients.  Supposed to give full coverage with a very light feel. I normally only go for medium coverage but the lightweight part grabbed my interest. I did order Sunrise which was way too light for me  so I returned it. Mojave is the shade that I should wear but they have been sold out. I may just order from Lawless website. It also gives a satin finish. If you have a Sephora near you, that was going to be my other suggestion. They can assess your skin's needs and determine what will work best.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been using Chanel Healthy Glow - The Nudes (Les Beiges) liquid foundation for a few years.  This is the only foundation I can remember that I've bought a second bottle.  I happened to receive a sample of it - in #30 beige - and loved it.  So glad I found it.  And I do not use a primer.  It makes my skin look perfect.  And it has a pump dispenser - one pump is plenty so it lasts a long time.  I have more of a neutral - light/medium tone to my skin but they have many shades to choose from.  The beige I'm able to wear all year 'round. It's a great in between shade for me - not too light or too dark.   I just use a little bronzer in the summer.  Plus it's SPF 25.

Respected Contributor

I went on this search a few years ago when Bare Minerals didn't work anymore. I always have had a hard time getting a great formulation with the appropriate coverage. A color match is always a challenge. 

The addition of CoverFX Custom Color Drops helped solve that! I can add to almost anything now to lighten or darken and not change the formula.

I use, in no particular order, IT Cosmetics CC Cream, Rimmel 24 Hour Lasting Finnish, Wet n Wild Photo Focus, Shiseido SynchroSkin.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield