Honored Contributor

Whole Foods: Rosehip Oil & Dr. Hauschka Lemongrass Oil

These are my 2 new little buddies I got today! Finding Rosehip Oil was like searching for the Holy Grail...Whole Foods to the rescue! And the Lemongrass Oil smells amazing! (You can also purchase @ QVC)

Does anyone have experience with either of these oils? Good & Bad reviews welcomed.

Respected Contributor

Re: Whole Foods: Rosehip Oil & Dr. Hauschka Lemongrass Oil

RHSO is awesome!! Very moisturizing, absorbs well, and doesn't break me out. I really love it, and I've probably tried 15 different oils (maybe more!). It is one I won't be without. Did you buy the NOW brand? It is good.
Honored Contributor

When I first received my oil shipment from STO, I began using the RHSO mixed with Argan Oil as my PM moisturizer. It was OK at first, but then started feeling like it was too much. I eliminated the RHSO, but still used it for rough elbows and added it to body lotion. Last night I was doing an overnight scalp treatment with a different oil, but thought I'd try a little RHSO on the length of my hair and I really liked how it worked.

Respected Contributor

RHSO is the first oil I seriously tried. Love it, won't be without it anymore. Is the lemongrass oil a pure essential oil or mixed into a product?
Honored Contributor

The Rosehip Oil is Aura Cacia brand. It says to refrigerate & 6 months to use. It was very hard to find here in Dallas. I was on a mission this afternoon...tried drugstores, Walmart/Target, Vitamin Shoppe, Trader Joes...even had to go to 2 different Whole Foods before finding my little treasure!!

The Dr. Hauschka Lemongrass Oil is a body oil (QVC: A208351). Extracts of lemon peel, lemongrass, mistletoe, and horsetail firm skin. The sunflower seed oil is lightweight and rich in essential fatty acids, making it calming and replenishing. And the nourishing jojoba oil helps preserve skin moisture, leaving it soft and supple.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've been using RHSO for awhile now and it is the one oil that I won't be without. I love it.

I like lemongrass oil but only in my body products, not in any facial skincare because it can irritate my skin. It is a little strong scented to me but it isn't too bad. I got a shower gel and body lotion in lemongrass from Shea terra organics and it is pretty strong lemongrass scented. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Frequent Contributor

I use both NOW and Aura Cacia brands of Rose Hip Seed Oil. Both are wonderful. I like to use the RHSO at night over a vitamin A serum. I like to use Argan Oil (NOW) over a C serum in the morning. My normally oily hormonal skin approves.

Valued Contributor

I have used Rosehip seed oil for many years. I don't use it consistently--meaning I do use some moisturizers and other oils (Argan, for instance). But I love the rose hip. Great for under and around eyes. Smiley Happy

The Lemon grass oil sound like it might be something that's better-suited for a home diffuser??? I use lemon and lime and other oils on my temples--just a tad. I also use them as a pick-me-up scent.But this one might be better off being used for home scented? Or for fragrance? Not for the face?

Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2014 glmama said:

I have used Rosehip seed oil for many years. I don't use it consistently--meaning I do use some moisturizers and other oils (Argan, for instance). But I love the rose hip. Great for under and around eyes. Smiley Happy

The Lemon grass oil sound like it might be something that's better-suited for a home diffuser??? I use lemon and lime and other oils on my temples--just a tad. I also use them as a pick-me-up scent.But this one might be better off being used for home scented? Or for fragrance? Not for the face?

Hi, glmama. I like rosehip oil also and rotate it as you do.

BTW, the OP mentioned in Post# 4 that the Lemongrass Oil that she bought is a body oil.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Hey suzy-Sorry, ladies, my eyes (and brain) skipped that line about the lemongrass being a body oil! Doh! (As Homer Simpson would say).