Respected Contributor

Re: Whoever Coined the Phrase "The Golden Years"

@monicakm wrote:

@pupwhipped 

I was "defuzzing" my face including upper lip and shaving my forearms long before beauty boards.  It surprises me when I see YTers with fuzzy faces.  If you've ever seen a magnified image of what foundation looks like clinging onto peach fuzz...well it's not a pretty sight lol

Hey @monicakm! Now don't get me wrong, I've been shaving my upper lip area and chinny chin chin for forty plus years. And I am the absolute Queen 👑 of eyebrow plucking...I literally do it morning and evening every day! 😲 But I did have this blond fuzz on the very outer edge of my face close to my ears. For whatever reason I just didn't want to get rid of it...I don't even know. But then all of sudden two days ago, for better or worse, I went for it!!! 😁     

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped 

For whatever reason I just didn't want to get rid of it.  

So now that you've shaved it, are you glad you did or are you having major regrets? Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@pupwhipped 

For whatever reason I just didn't want to get rid of it.  

So now that you've shaved it, are you glad you did or are you having major regrets? Smiley Wink

No, no regrets, @monicakm. But it does feel really different...like I even lost weight on the sides of my face. Maybe I underestimated just how hairy I was there. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

My Dad use to say, "There is no Golden Years"

I have to agree, but it beats the alternative.

Wouldn't be so bad if you had a family that cared about you.

Honored Contributor

Hahaha!  I've often said it's an instant 5lb (in the face) weight loss.  

Frequent Contributor

Well nobody planned for a deadly pandemic and such a divided political environment. I find  a warm climate and time outdoors more essential than ever. And maybe one day I will get to Japan (a long-held dream). i just hope istill have the stamina.

Honored Contributor

Golden years?  Where does this expression come from?  A person is shorter on money, shorter on life, etc.  I am appreciative to be still here at age 70 and I am appreciative that even though I do have a lot of health issues, I am still able to navigate pretty well.  I cannot do everything that I did and the things that I do now, I do much slower and not as well.  I think the golden years should be used to describe years when you are like 30-50!  I do try to be positive but there aren't a lot of really wonderful things to say about getting old.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

I used to feel that way but I changed my mind.  I hurry around like a kid getting off the school bus, I'm able to squat down and stand up (although it's harder than it used to be), and I still color my hair. I'm 67 in a few weeks.  My friends and family, however, are struggling. Knees, hips, back, cancer, MS, ALS, etc.  My husband's three brothers all died in their 50's and 60's and so did his dad. My brother was 63 when he died.  My 54 year old perfect health, no drinking, smoking, no overweight, etc., died of ALS last year.  Just not fair!  

I'm going to keep hurrying around to stay away from the Grim Reaper!  

PS my hips are starting to feel it and I don't have the stamina I used to. But I keep trying to stay grateful!